SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#22369 - 09/18/01 08:32 PM Email address for product suggestions?
DailyGrind Offline

Loc: Hayward, California
Does anyone know if there's an email address (that will actually reach a human) to send product suggestions to at Roland? Thanks!

#22370 - 09/19/01 12:15 AM Re: Email address for product suggestions?
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Good Luck! Roland doesn't even provide an 800 number. They don't want to hear from us!

#22371 - 09/19/01 12:35 AM Re: Email address for product suggestions?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
DailyGrind...Your profile does not give your location?.
I have received a lot of good fast responses from my email questions to Roland UK (Dean Lawrence) and most are answered within the same day. Understandably Roland UK will only respond to UK requests. Its all down to how enthusiastic company personnel are at the individual distributors.

Graham

#22372 - 09/19/01 01:17 AM Re: Email address for product suggestions?
DailyGrind Offline

Graham,

I'm in California but I'll take any email address you have. I'd like to fire off a few product suggestions rather than tech support questions so I'm not too worried about which, if any, division follows up on it. I figure if the UK likes it, I'll hopefully see something eventually hit the states...

Thanks,
Daily

#22373 - 09/19/01 01:27 AM Re: Email address for product suggestions?
DailyGrind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
Good Luck! Roland doesn't even provide an 800 number. They don't want to hear from us!

Yeah, that's the feeling I got. I've been looking for an affordable full-featured synth action (with aftertouch) controller with an arpeggiator, some knobs/sliders and a ribbon.

The RS-5 has everything but aftertouch and a ribbon controller so I was going to suggest that they either release a RS-5 with aftertouch (I can live without the ribbon) or add the RS-5's arpeggiator to the A-37. I have an XV-5080 so I don't need any more Roland sounds but I was about to buy the RS-5 as a controller anyway until I realized it doesn't send aftertouch... :-(

I just sent an email to Kurzweil asking if they've considered a K2600 type controller without the synth engine at a reasonable price point. It's a shame that no one seems to make just a decent synth action controller with plenty of knobs and an arpeggiator. An A-70 with a built in arpeggiator/rhythm generator would be pretty cool...

[This message has been edited by DailyGrind (edited 09-19-2001).]

#22374 - 11/20/01 06:44 AM Re: Email address for product suggestions?
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Hi, Daily,

I too am an owner of several Roland instruments, and like you and TomTom have a strong impression that Roland (in USA) does not care to hear from us- it is not important to them what we think. I have been suggesting in various forums that rather than publish the useless RUG "magazine", they should dedicate the same resources to interfacing with the users through e-mail, forums like this one, and maybe even adding a BBS on their web site. Kurzweil does it; GeneralMusic does it, as do many other manufacturers. Yamaha has a user forum, and they monitor other forums (like this BBS).

However, while you can talk to a deaf person, you can not talk to the one who does not want to listen. So I am voting with my feet (an my vallet). Roland will have to come up with a very compelling combination of quality, features, and price, in order for me to consider their products again.

As for your question, does not Kurzweil PC2 have the features you need?

Regards,
Alex

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online