SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#19022 - 09/19/01 04:49 AM Korg trinity sysex problem!!!!
mick n Offline

Loc: stockton . teesside. england
Any body worked with korg sysex?
Heres the problem, I set up a 16 part multi setup on the trinity(V3) and dump the setup (No sequence/note data,just the 16 parts with fx routings,etc) to cubase. So when the playback starts on cubase all the settings are squirted to the trinity before the song starts proper.
This works without any probs.
BUT when the song is saved as a SMF , the sysex doesnt get sent properly, The song data is there but none of the settings i made for the 16 parts are there (all the fx settings,etc).
I have got 2 data filers,Viscount RD70 and my yamaha EX5 can play smf's direct from its disc drive (SMF direct play function).
Have also tried it by LOADING the SMF INTO the EX5's sequencer and the sysex is sent out no problem,all the settings i made for the 16 parts are there.
So the problem seems to be with sequencers/data filers that read directly from disc.
Any comments appreciated as this is driving me totally round the bend!
Thanks.

#19023 - 09/19/01 01:19 PM Re: Korg trinity sysex problem!!!!
xavier Offline

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
Hello mick,

This is normal: Trinity (nor Triton) doesn't save effects settings in SMF files. You have to dump themp via an external sequencer (as you just did).

It could be interesting to write a SNG->SMF with IFX/MFX sysex (for Trinity and/or Triton). I don't have to write it now (I'm busy on Alchemist, a Trinity to Triton PCG/SNG converter), but can do that later (in some months).

Regards,
Xavier.

Alchemist - the Korg Trinity to Triton PCG and SNG converter - http://alchemist.sourceforge.net

#19024 - 09/20/01 04:35 AM Re: Korg trinity sysex problem!!!!
mick n Offline

Loc: stockton . teesside. england
Thanks Xavier! <SMF with IFX/MFX sysex (for Trinity and/or Triton). I don't have to write it now (I'm busy on Alchemist, a Trinity to Triton PCG/SNG converter), but can do that later (in some months).>>

Yes please!.

Mick.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online