SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16827 - 09/23/99 03:28 AM Dont waste your time on purchasing the PBS-TRI
K Offline

I own a Korg M1 Plus and the Trinity Plus which are both good boards. I know the systems in and out but I don't know why people are making such a big deal over the PBS-Tri option. You can't sample nor can you edit the samples unless you're running a pc along with your system. The bottom line is that if I'm gonna do anything kind of music that I'm going to have to sample or use a sample, I'd rather purchase an Akai MPC 2000, ASR-10 or another model. You can't go wrong.

#16828 - 09/23/99 04:26 PM Re: Dont waste your time on purchasing the PBS-TRI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi.

Yes your dead right. But at the end of the day...why would I even go to the bother of doing any sampling on a sampler, when you could take the easy way out and do it on your PC. It saves time and the end result is far better. oooohh...you could load that data into the Trinity,

Or I could buy the Korg M1 on a set of seven disks for the Trinity's Flash Rom, TFD-04...check them out. You get the same sound quality as the M1 on the Trinity. But with the added features of the Trinity.

The Trinity PBS will also read AKAI, Aiff, Wave, and so on......and with the use of Awave..it will read every format out there.

I know that I'm happy I spent my money on the Flash Rom.

[This message has been edited by James Tubbritt (edited 09-23-1999).]

#16829 - 10/18/99 05:46 PM Re: Dont waste your time on purchasing the PBS-TRI
Thomas008 Offline

Hello,

If it isn't good 'bbs etiquitte' to ask a question in someone elses post, please ignore me. I mean no harm ;D

If not, my question is, how do you use the computer for sampling? Obviously you can record or rip sound files. Then you can convert them using Awave. I'm confused on the next step. Do you send the file with the right format to the trinity (for example) and it automatically makes it a patch? Do all the keys then play it at a different pitch, or do you assign it to a specific key.

Do all workstations allow for this?

Thanks,
Thomas

#16830 - 10/27/99 01:28 PM Re: Dont waste your time on purchasing the PBS-TRI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also don't forget how useful this can be if you're using your Trinity live. If you want any basic sample at all it's very easy to whack into the Trinity and trigger it when you want, without having to heave an Akai/EMU/Computer&Monitor etc around with you to gigs.

#16831 - 01/30/01 09:43 PM Re: Dont waste your time on purchasing the PBS-TRI
NeilParfitt Offline

Loc: Toronto
...and keep in mind it double the program/moss/combi memory! More room!!

ANd - you can load up your own drum samples - what's to complain about??!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online