SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17041 - 12/23/00 06:33 PM Help me - I need advice
helpjunkie Offline

Loc: Mt Eliza, Victoria, Australia
I'm looking for a synth on which I will be able to mix all my own music. I want decently weighted keys (so it feels like a piano), enough channels so I can do full orchestrations, be able to playback from the computer through the synth (I have Sibelius for Win 95) , I also want to mix a fair bit of techno stuff. In other words, I want enough voices so I don't have to buy a separate module to go with it. If anyone can recommend places or products to check out, it would be much appreciated!
Thanks, helpjunkie

#17042 - 01/20/01 03:15 PM Re: Help me - I need advice
HellPope Huey Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR, USA
Hey, you're on a KORG site and you ain't made a dash for a Triton yet? OK, you're not that rich yet, maybe. I'd say avoid the Trinity for its quirky touch screen behavior (done really RIGHT on the Triton, with no execution delays, etc.), although the rack module would be a great buy. I still get great mileage out of my 01/Wfd because I gathered a wad of sound disks for it early on. Cruise the links at the head of this section of SynthZone and start nabbing some of those sys-ex files. Your synth is only as good as your library.
Sure, I could use a sampler or a new Supernova II, wanna gimme one? But I get plenty of techno action from what I have.
Don't sell a synth that's 2 or 3 generations old, a mid-line Alesis FX box and a mere Mackie 1202 short. Its all in your head & hands, literally. Multitrack with ANYthing at hand and you've suddenly got TWO synths. Remember, a Juno-60 and an AkaiSs900 have made several careers in many a musty back bedroom.

Huey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online