SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18791 - 11/17/00 03:47 AM HELP! I AM A COMPLETE MIDIOT !!!!!!
Oriens Offline

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
YO
I need some help with recording midi filez. I want to be able to play on my Korg N364 synth and record/edit it on the computer. When I play a tone on the synth I want to hear and record it to the comp. My english=not to good but I hope that you understand what I want to do How do I do to do this ? I am a complete synth newbie.... I just bought the synth about 1 week ago. I have all the necesary equipment..I have midi cables and a soundcard with a Midi thing on and some kind of freeware midi program "seq-303". I have tried to read the manual but I dont understand it. So, I need someone to step-by-step explain to me exactly how to do all this...Please

Thanx from Dani

[This message has been edited by Oriens (edited 11-17-2000).]

#18792 - 11/19/00 08:59 AM Re: HELP! I AM A COMPLETE MIDIOT !!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You need to get a program like Cakewalk or Cubase. Then you need to connect your synth to your computer using MIDI-cables. When this is done, you will be able to press a key on the synth, and it will appear in the sequencer window on the computer .. :-)

Good luck !!

// David

#18793 - 11/27/00 04:30 PM Re: HELP! I AM A COMPLETE MIDIOT !!!!!!
karlo Offline

hello,
i use n-364 with cubase, it´s a nice software for midi sequencing. in cubase you may easy select any sound of n-364, without pressing buttons on n364. if you´ll chose for a cubase ask me free for any question.
karlo

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online