SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17555 - 09/23/00 03:44 AM N364 : Selcting voices for Recording patterns
jydeda Offline

Loc: London
I find the manuals that come with the N364 do not allow the reader to easily follow and understand infomation on how to do things in a step by step fashion. Are there any other tutorial books available. Can one record patterns that utilze several tracks. Eg a section of a song with drums, bass, and piano
or are patterns limited to one instrument.

#17556 - 09/24/00 05:45 PM Re: N364 : Selcting voices for Recording patterns
cre8or Offline

Loc: Elgin, Il, Us
exactly what are you wanting to do?

#17557 - 09/25/00 01:25 PM Re: N364 : Selcting voices for Recording patterns
jydeda Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cre8or:
exactly what are you wanting to do?

I bought the keyboard about six weeks ago and have gradually been familiarising myself with it's capabilities and functions. The way I understand it so far patterns are like repeat modules that can be inserted into a track to be strung together or layered to create a composition. What is not clear is if patterns can be made up of several instruments on several tracks to form a short phrase of say 4 measures or if they are confined to one instrument and one track

#17558 - 09/25/00 09:52 PM Re: N364 : Selcting voices for Recording patterns
cre8or Offline

Loc: Elgin, Il, Us
I think what you want is the loop function.

go to seq and push over untill you see:
"overwrite" then push up untill you see:
"Loop 000-999" (or something like that)

change the measure numbers to the ones that you want played over. This will affect the whole sequencer (all 16 tracks). Everything, even controllers will repeat. You can mute and un-mute any sounds you want.

If that isn't what you want you can copy and paste the group of 4 measures lets say from 001-004 to 005-008 and 009-012, ect. The copy function is in the seq. edit mode. (go into sequencer and push the edit button)

I hope this helps,

#17559 - 09/26/00 03:13 PM Re: N364 : Selcting voices for Recording patterns
jydeda Offline

No not really...But thanks anyway....I understand the record measure within loop features, what I don't understand is how to select particular voices for the instruments to occur within the patterns and how to change track within pattern... once again thanks!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online