SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18124 - 01/29/00 09:33 PM x-edit program for x5d
mutt Offline

Loc: Susanville, Ca USA
Is anyone familiar with the x-edit program for the x5d? I downloaded a demo version, but I'm not sure about a couple of things before I order the complete version.

1. It appears that the intelligent combination mode means that if I move a bunch of program patches around and send them back to the keyboard, then the combinations in the keyboard will be changed to reflect the program location changes so that the combis won't sound weird. Is that how it works?
2. In dealing with sysex messages, the helps section that the "sysex file is sent regardless of its content. Xedit does not process the file, it only sends it to the synth. ...this can overwrite the entire content of the synth's memory." Does that mean that you can't send a sysex message containing the entire x5's memory (programs, combis, multis, etc) to the computer and back to the synth without having the order all messed up?? Or would you not even use the sysex to do that? (sorry this was so long)

#18125 - 02/08/00 09:14 PM Re: x-edit program for x5d
WS Offline

It depends on the program but you should be able to send one program, combi if you need to. In general though, you are right. You download an entire Bank and it overwrites everything on Bank A. You can either reload the original Bank A through your synth or save a sysex of Bank A. Then you would upload it to your synth. I'm not sure about x-edit but you need an Editor/Libraian program. This will allow you to save all the banks. Actually, programs such as Cakewalk allows you to save (256?) banks in sysex.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online