SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16782 - 07/06/99 03:39 AM the Making of PCM soundcards, part n
Lode Offline

Loc: Turku, Finland
well. I noticed, that there were discussion a year ago about making of PCM sound(expansion)cards for the older korg synths, mainly 01/w and M1. Somebody had noticed, that the PCM card is a (standard?) PCMCIA type I expancion card which could be read with a laptop computer with PCMCIA interface. There were speculations about writing own soundmodules on a RAM flas-card and using it as a PCM sound expancion. Then the discussion on this topic died.

So I found something interesting on the web:

At least those have implemented the idea of making your own PCM sound expansion (flash-RAM) cards. Any comments?

-Lode

#16783 - 07/06/99 01:07 PM Re: the Making of PCM soundcards, part n
mamat Offline

Yes, I'm still interested in making custom PCM cards.

jm_clem@club-internet.fr

See you

#16784 - 07/07/99 08:20 AM Re: the Making of PCM soundcards, part n
Lode Offline

Loc: Turku, Finland
The information is out there, I suppose. I havent been able to obtain info about PCM card compability between different korg synths. I think PCM cards for M1 operates both in wavestation and 01w, but there are some differences in the actual PCM sound data format. The main thing is, does a 01w PCM card work in M1?

What I am interested in is the PCM port interface in M1 and if it is somehow different from 01W or wavestation interface? The 01w works apparently with a 68 pin PCMCIA ram card. What is the situation with M1?

-Lode

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online