SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17382 - 06/11/99 01:03 AM Help!! N264 Midi channels with Cakewalk HS ver6.
dboos Offline

Loc: Mercer Island, WA, USA
I have the Korg N264. I am using cakewalk home studio version 6. I am trying ( and trying ) to record different sounds on my external sequencer. I can't seem to make them make different sounds during playback. My global channel is set to 1, and I can't get any sound from cakewalk unless the track setting is also channel 1. This doesn't allow me to have different sounds/programs during playback, which to me if true, is a waste of a couple grand if I can't use my Korg for writing music!! I need to be able to have more than one thing going on at once! Is there anything else I'm not doing? This is very enraging.

#17383 - 06/11/99 03:22 PM Re: Help!! N264 Midi channels with Cakewalk HS ver6.
WS Offline

I'm not real sure what you are asking so here are 2 solutions. Maybe one will work. First, synths and PC software writes in different formats, 0 and 1. I don't remember which is which but synths writes everything to one track where Cakewalk will seperate the tracks. If you go to SAVE AS in Cakewalk it will allow you to save to whatever format you need. Then you can save to floppy and use in your synth's sequencer. If this is not the problem you can try using different Bank numbers. I'm not sure about the n264 but for Korg and Cakewalk Bank A is 0, GM bank is 7168, and Drum bank is 7968. Your statement about "trying to record different sounds on my external sequencer" is throwing me. The problem is problably not your equipment or software. If this helps let me know.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online