SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17881 - 01/13/99 07:34 AM Some questions about the T3 and X3
Roberto Saralegui Offline

Loc: Zaragoza (Spain)
I am about to buy a T3 keyboard and I would like to know if:
- It is possible to upgrade it to a T3-EX (which had the possibility of adding new samples).
- The disk format is readable by a PC (with a program such as DiskImage for the 01/W)

I read some time ago that a 01W/fd owner had replaced the disk drive with a PC drive simply by changing the connections... I would like to know if such connections are the same for the T3 and 01W/fd (hopely) and for the X3 (which has a 720 KB drive) or where could I find some info about it.

Thanks in advance! :-)

#17882 - 01/13/99 09:16 AM Re: Some questions about the T3 and X3
kay Offline

Hi,
I own a T2 which is the same as the T3 but with 76 keys. I have ask my favorite music store for a EX-upgrade and they contacted KORG. Answer: the is no way for upgrading. But this was 3 years ago.
The EX-option is not so usefull as it seems because you can only load the samples from the disk. After power off all sample are lost!
If you find a way to read T3 disks with a PC, please let me now. I'm looking for this for years. Please send an email to kay.anbuhl@daimlerchrysler.com

KAY

#17883 - 01/22/99 05:23 AM Re: Some questions about the T3 and X3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

I'm from germany and here its still possible to get pcm-ram cards; I ordered one two weeks ago! The original cards from Korg are quite expensive, but there is another company named Waldorf where you can order compatible cards for nearly half the price. Unfortunately I don't have the adress of this company and I don't know wether they only sell to retailers but I'll try to get it and post it here. Maybe you find a store that'll order it from Germany.
On the backside of your T3 there should be a slot for pcm data. If this is so, you need to get a ram card someway. After this its possible to load and save pcm data from disk.

I also want to read (and maybe edit samples) T3 disks, but at the moment there seems to be no way.

Yours,

SiD

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online