Dear Subscribers:

I have a big problem that I really need to sort it out quick. I would really appreciate any one of yours opinion on the subject, especially Korg PA80 owners.

So far I have received two PA80 keyboards.
The first one I received came with a "messed up user guide"
The pages were falling off of the file folder, and some pages were seriously mixed up. There was no trace of a brand new user guide that you would expect when you first open a package!
The plastic cover that the unit rapped was so wrinkled that it seemed like not factory packed. Also the foams that were supporting the unit via side panels were cracked.
The package contained "no back up disks" (if Korg provides any?!).
I am not clearly sure what the original factory sealed box should actually contain.
But why would the little black panel at the rear end of the unit, which houses the internal hard disk, seemed to be previously removed was another question on my part?!
Also why didn't I find any official Korg warranty or any other paper (normally they are blue like when you open other Korg products boxes)?!

Well this was about the first keyboard I received.
So I took some pictures of the unit as I opened the package, and told the story to the retailer.
Thankfully, he gladly excepted to exchange the unit and told me to send the unit back. So I did, and I just got a another unit today.
Yahoo!... I was happy and excited.
The second unit I got came with a pretty decent box seemed like factory boxed?!
But boy, when you opened the box what revealed was worse than what I had before.
The plastic cover was torn! Again?!...

What's more:
When you lift the unit I heard a loose metal piece moving inside the unit! Basically floating around as you move the unit with your both hands in a manner very slightly shaking upwards or downwards.
I did some close visual investigation, and also found two scratches on the bottom side.
I got irritated and decided to found out.
I took all the screws off and try to open the unit to be able to find the loose piece.
Yet I could not open it.
So before I pushed my luck so far, I was able to get a little opening at the rear end, and shook the unit a little. There it was!...I found it! A little brass screw just fell off the unit from the inside!
So now I have a "supposedly brand new Korg PA80" and a "piece of screw!!!" that I don't know where it belongs to, and came loose inside the unit!
Upon further visual inspection;
The unit seemed to be put on some sort of "red colored, wool type cloth" or might be wiped with "red wool cloth". Because there were obviously visual and even touchable pieces of red wool on the little stands at the bottom of the unit.

So if the box looks factory "stamped" (it was not sealed but rather stamped with big brass metal stamps, typical for large boxes of this size), how come all these coming out of the box the way I found out?. Even second time?!

I mean come on guys please tell me something: So far I got so many units as brand new and sold them as second hand, naming few Korg Triton, Korg Karma, Roland XP-30, Roland RD-600, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha QY100, Yamaha Motif6.
And I remember the first time I opened each package.
You could even get this raw smell of a brand new equipment.
You would new that "brand new smell of a product".
Especially the last unit that I had was a Yamaha Motif6, and it was immaculately packed and was neat and spank'n factory packed! I remember the time I opened the Karma, and the Triton packages. They were all in immaculate condition.

Now, do you all thing this may be a some sort of demo unit that Korg USA just packed it and send it to the dealer.
Because my dealer is a very honest guy. I have been doing business with him for so long. He didn't even question me sending another unit once I told him the story about the first one. And he assured me that he would be sending a brand new package. He stated that the new package would be all factory sealed by Korg (As it really seamed from outside before I opened it!).

For the first unit, we even thought that may be FedEx opened such a big package along with FBI and checked the unit for security purposes. Because it took unusually long to get to me!
Yet, for that reason we used two day special FedEx this time, the second time for the exchange unit.
I don't thing this time we could blame FedEx or FBI.

Or do you think this may be a "Refurbished" unit or some sort of "B-Stock" unit that we (I and hence the dealer before me via Korg USA) got?

Or is this the way Korg delivers the PA80 and there is really nothing wrong with what I got.
And at the end of the day What I got is What I get period for Korg PA80 from Korg USA! And this is the way all Korg PA80s are packed! If I don't like it , though!...

You see the issue I paid so much and I don't want to be whining and crying about this kind of shit.
But I am crying!
However, all I wanted was a virgin unit that I would put my hands on it first.
Wouldn't you want that too. That's why we pay for brand new units. I would now better to get a second hand or B-Stock too!

I mean don't you question if you were to get a brand new unit but comes with a "bonus screw floating inside the unit"!!!

I would deeply appreciate your comments on the subject as I urgently need to address the issue in the most proper manner and communicate the problem to my dealer again.

Regards,

F Kara

[This message has been edited by fkara (edited 10-09-2001).]