SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18009 - 08/23/00 05:52 PM Triton Or Rack????
larry Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I just recently bought the full Triton keyboard. However, reading some of the specs about the rack version now adds some regret to my recent purchase. Is it possible that Korg has made the rack so much more better?
Can someone please tell me the major differences between the two, or at least direct me to a site where this has been done.
Should I trade in for the rack??????

larry

#18010 - 09/16/00 03:00 PM Re: Triton Or Rack????
HellPope Huey Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR, USA
Don't jump the gun! You aren't "missing out" on anything much. The rack is minus the full sequencer and will only act as a playback module there. I believe its also light in the sampling department compared to the kb version, although it has several expansion card slots that would make it more appealing to power-user types who want more sounds rather than sequencing or sampling capability per se.
Again, DON'T fall prey to hype. The Triton can be memory-expanded nicely itself and will accept the MOSS/Prophecy card they offer, for instance. "Better" is relative. Learn to use what you have to its best advantage; changing horses all the time doesn't make you more musical. The Triton is WAY hard to beat. I've had my 01 for only 4 years and I'm still cracking useful bits of it. The Triton is an 01 on steroids! Delve into it rather than starting over. If you really burn for the rack after 6 months to a year, THEN proceed, but don't take a step sideways in progress. The gain is modest at best and you lose in other areas.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online