SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17011 - 08/11/99 12:45 PM So how do you put it all together??
jdegraf Offline

Total newbie here.

Have a Korg X5d, a cheap Esoniq card, WindJammer sequencing software, and Windows 95.

I am laying down tracks and running it through the MIDI back to my keyboard. SO the software is playing my keyboard. And the sound is coming from the Keyboard as well.

SO how do you folks put this together?

Like for instance How do I add .wav files to my 'mix' when the .wav plays through my computer speakers not through the keyboard.

Do I instead send all sound out through the sound card and hook up my stereo system to it through the Line Out/Audio Out of the Audio Card??

Should I record to the HardDrive? And if so should it be a .wav file? And when recording should I run the midi events and .wav events to a recording/home stereo device?

I don't have a mixing board but I guess a software equivilant is just as good.

Yup, complete newbie here, just wondering how you put all this together. And if you know any good web sites that explain some of this process I'd sure like to know.

Thanks a lot.

#17012 - 08/20/99 12:24 AM Re: So how do you put it all together??
Ward Music Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
You seem to be doing everything right from this point. The best way to mix the sound of your X5D and the sound card is through a line mixer. This is hardware, not software. The resulting mix can be recorded by a cassette deck or any other device attached to the mixer.

You could also send the tracks on WinJammer to the synth built into the Ensoniq sound card, but you won't like the sound as much as what comes out of the X5D.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online