SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17942 - 07/03/99 01:03 AM TRITON - Too much dance???
A Great Dane Offline

I've taken a brief look at the TRITON. Thought it sounded great and first impression was quite good compared to a Trinity I tried about a year ago. Can somebody tell me if this is too much of a dance synth. I'm more looking for great pads with some cool drum sounds to boot. I'm a die hard Dire Straits, James Taylor fan looking to create this kinda sound with powerful pads or nice Rhodes sounds.

#17943 - 07/03/99 03:06 AM Re: TRITON - Too much dance???
Ward Music Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Don't let the preset Combinations and demo songs fool you. This synth can be used for just about any type of music. I think Korg was trying to make it appeal to the Dance/Techno crowd, who weren't at all interested in the Trinity. Bypass the rhythmic beats and arpeggios and you'll find lots of pads, wailing leads and acoustic sounds. Have a listen to the CountryMild.mp3 audio sample at our website and judge for yourself.

Steve Martin
Ward
Music

#17944 - 07/03/99 11:37 PM Re: TRITON - Too much dance???
A Great Dane Offline

Steve
I listened to the MP3. Not bad, not bad at all - maybe a little too country for me but I get the drift. I better download the other MP3's now I've got the bug...I think this keyboard would give me a good headstart before going to a VS Studio.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online