SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17022 - 04/11/99 10:09 PM KORG 01/W DISK PROBLEM...HELP!
Calipboy Offline

Loc: CA
If you insert a disk in a pc disk drive thats formatted to the 01/w, does it automatically format it to the pc?? I had a disk formatted to the 01/W, put into a pc disk drive. Nothing was deleted off the disk but now when I try to load the songs into the 01/W, it gives me 'disk type error'. Is there any way to get the 01/W to read the disk withought reformatting, cause I really don't want to lose the data thats on there.

#17023 - 04/14/99 08:57 AM Re: KORG 01/W DISK PROBLEM...HELP!
WS Offline

What do you mean when you say you load them to your PC? Are you trying to do them in A PC sequencing program? If so, synths are one format and PC sequencing is another...don't know which is which but go to SAVE as and choose Format 1 or 0. synths sequence on only 1 track where as software uses different tracks.

#17024 - 04/14/99 03:03 PM Re: KORG 01/W DISK PROBLEM...HELP!
Calipboy Offline

No, i"m not trying to load it into a pc software. Basically, My girlfriend put the disk (thats formatted to the 01/W) into the pc thinking it was a regular disk. She didn't save anything on there or anything, and the pc even gave an error message cause it couln't recognize what kind of disk it was. The problem is when I put the disk in my keyboard, it doesn't recognize it either, it says 'Disk type error'. So thats why I thought it sucks if by accident someone puts your disk in a pc, you lose all your info or at least you can't load your info.

#17025 - 04/14/99 08:11 PM Re: KORG 01/W DISK PROBLEM...HELP!
OK Johnson Offline

Loc: Olympia, Wash. USA
Was she running Windows 95/98 when she inserted the disk? If she did, the )1 probably won't read it. Windows likes to dink with the file system (not the right technical term).

However, if you have real DOS and PC Tools, you can revitalize that disk and fix the errors. Your 01 will probably be able to read it then.

I've had the same problems before with WIn 95 and being able to read Trinity disks after they've been looked at in Windows. I'm now more careful.

--okj

#17026 - 04/15/99 05:36 PM Re: KORG 01/W DISK PROBLEM...HELP!
Calipboy Offline

How do you revitialize the disk in dos? I"m really interested cause I've been kinda bummed cause I lost alot of my favorite tunes on that disk.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online