SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17239 - 02/12/99 12:28 PM N1 and Cakewalk Pro 5.0
skymuse Offline

My MIDI knowledge isn't legendary, but I like to think I'm no slouch....that being said....

I use the N1 in Multi mode with CWP 5.0. I have 2 issues that I need some help with:

1.) The *.ins file I have does not include the Drums bank or the SFX bank---if I absolutely have to, I'll edit the ins file, but if anyone knows of another that includes these banks or has a workaround, I'd love to hear from you.

2.) Effects in Multi.....I cannot figure a way out to have the effects setting part of the Sysex at the beginning of the track. CW and the N1 behave correctly where patch initializing and patch changes are concerned, but to set effects I have to manually do it on the N1. I have tried setting it and doing a MIDI dump of all Multis, but when I transmit that dump back to the N1 the effects remain wherever they were before the transmission (I tested by changing the effects setting before transmitting back to N1). The patches changed fine, but not the effects.

If anyone has any ideas or help, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
BJ
skymuse@cjnetworks.com

#17240 - 02/18/99 09:14 AM Re: N1 and Cakewalk Pro 5.0
Judy Offline

1) If an .ins with drums and sfx banks exists, I haven't seen it, and am too lazy to program it myself. If you find one or do it yourself, please send it to me.
2) Push the "Performance" button before recording or playback (to take the N1 out of Multi) and you'll get your f/x. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a sysex message you can send to the N1 to set the native f/x.

#17241 - 03/24/99 02:04 AM Re: N1 and Cakewalk Pro 5.0
serenity Offline

Loc: Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
Hi, I am not able to help you, I am using a Korg M1 with CWP 5.0 however, I am without a CWP 5.0 manual, can you help me?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online