Hey guys.

As a keyboard player I'm fairly new to the gigging scene. I've played bass in various bands and I'm pretty clued in to the sort of setup required. As for keyboard I'm fairly clueless.

What I've got at the moment is a Casio Privia PX500. It's a nice enough stage piano, full weighted keys, full scale etc etc. The piano sounds off it are perfect for the sort of stuff I'm playing, and I'm quite happy with it.

I'm [hopefully] joining this covers band for a few paying gigs a week. They're playing a lot of well known covers, songs like "Angie", "Jammin", "Hey Jude", "Hotel California".

Those songs all use straight enough piano, except for "Jammin", and I can switch to a cool organ that sounds exactly like the one on the recording on my Casio.

But there's songs like "Don't Look Back In Anger" - Oasis, "Wish You Were Here" - Pink Floyd, "Dakota" by Sterophonics a few U2 songs that have these orchestral sounds, then there's a Kaiser Chiefs song with synthy sounds (One of my instruments off the privia does the synthy sound well, actually) and there's a few others where the Casio alone mightn't be enough!

Can anyone recommend an addition to my kit that will help me tackle these songs, and give the tunes an extra layer instead of always banging away at piano chords?

I have no real clue about the little synthy equipment you can get, but I've seen them put to good use at live gigs and I was wondering if I'd be able to get at them.

Any links/comments/feedback/general education for this synth newbie would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Conan