SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#377101 - 12/04/13 06:59 AM Nothing ever changes - we just get older
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Hi guys,

I just returned to the forum from a long hiatus, and found that Ketron is still a major topic here on the zone. Only a few of the older guys will remember me. I used to post often, and read the forum daily.

My life has changed dramatically since those days. Today, I'm one kidney less, a diabetic, and dreaming of retirement (still at least 5-6 years away). My keyboard has been gathering dust. I've been meaning to play but haven't gotten around to it.

Oh well, I'm glad to see the zone is still humming along and everyone is still excited about making music (one of the few worthwhile things in life).

Best regards to all,
Stevizard

Edited by Stevizard (12/04/13 06:59 AM)

#377214 - 12/06/13 01:33 AM Re: Nothing ever changes - we just get older [Re: Stevizard]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Great to see you back Steve.

#379713 - 12/28/13 04:49 PM Re: Nothing ever changes - we just get older [Re: Stevizard]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Ketron? Naw ... hardly anyone talks about it anymore ... except to compare the Audya to the new stuff, but all the buzz is about the T5, PA900 and BK-9!

#384229 - 02/09/14 09:15 PM Re: Nothing ever changes - we just get older [Re: Uncle Dave]
KORG80 Offline

As we get older we keep losing friends and relatives that were important parts of our lives. Somehow I missed this but a friend in church informed me today that Phil Everly is no longer with us. He and his brother were an inspiration to me as a young teenager. Still love to sing their songs. Here's one in honour of the greatest harmony duo in pop music. Phil and Don inspired many followers like the Beatles Crosby Steels and Nash, the Hollies and Simon and Garfunkel. Thank you Phil.

https://app.box.com/s/lcou38op7psbd9rkuegg

I did this with my PSR S750 and my Digitech Vocalist 4. The harmonizer bumps my voice up a 3rd so I get Phil's harmony. Because it's all based on my voice, lead vocal and harmony are in perfect sync. The Everly brothers did that for real and their voices were always perfectly synched. One very talented pair of siblings.

God Bless,
Don

Edited by KORG80 (02/09/14 09:16 PM)

#387066 - 03/27/14 09:34 PM Re: Nothing ever changes - we just get older [Re: Stevizard]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hey Steve, most everybody hangs out on the General Arranger forum:
http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/37/1/General_Arranger_Keyboard_Foru

Good to hear you're still kicking. Several of us have had some health problems recently.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online