SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6081 - 07/31/07 04:16 AM I miss Keyboard Samplers
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Remember when digtial samplers were there own instrument? The Mirage, and EPS, the Emulator and Emax, The SP-50 and 10, or the DSS-1 by Korg. I always thought the digital sampler was a unique instrument. They were like early computers, where you had to load software into them to get them to work. Also you could crate your own sounds, although most people used pre-made sounds, from someone else, but where was the fun in that?

Then came sample playback synths, and worksations, with built in samplares and even software based one's as well, and the digital sampler disapperaed forever.

Call me nostalgic, but I have an afintiy to those old digital samplers. I even owned an Ensoniq Mirage DSK. It was cool, and gritty sounding. Had a limited display, which read in Hexadecimal, and you could only sample accross half of the keyboard. But it was cheap, and a good frist time sampler. I know you can find old digital samplers on ebay for a fairly decent price, although I have seen the Esnoniq ASR10 go for really high prices, and many people still bid and buy them.

Anyone else on here own one?

#6082 - 07/31/07 08:28 AM Re: I miss Keyboard Samplers
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have an Ensoniq Eps 16 plus that I bought brand new that I would like to sell if you are nostalgic enought to want to buy another one. I have a big library for it mostly commercial but all on floppy and dunno if they are still ok or not.
Open to Offers
Bebop

#6083 - 07/31/07 10:31 AM Re: I miss Keyboard Samplers

Thanks Bebop! At the moment, I just picked up an Farfisa organ for $75.00, and trying to get the thing to play. Just the thread above this one for more info.

Paul

#6084 - 07/31/07 06:17 PM Re: I miss Keyboard Samplers
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I miss a lot of things man. Including reading your posts in this forum. I only read the thread title and I immediatly knew it is you.

What's there to say. KB samplers rocked. From emulator to EMax. You name it. Mirage had sweet sounding chip set as well.

cheers,

#6085 - 08/01/07 03:13 AM Re: I miss Keyboard Samplers

Thank you Ed! I didn't realize you liked reading my posts? I hadn't posted much, because I didn't have a lot too say. Then in the course of one day, I have two threads. This one doesen't have any meaning to go with it, other then the fact I miss keyboard samplers. Where as the other post is about something I actually own.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online