SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#145 - 02/10/07 03:05 PM Taking a break from music: UPDATE!
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Sorry, I have not been on here in a while, since I decided to take a break from music, last year. But, I have become more involved with my new found hobby, Edison phonographs. I have just aquried a second Edison Phonograph, a 2 minute cylinder home phonograph. So now, I have two phonographs, the Home, and the Diamond Disc. I have started to put together, a very nice collection of DD's, and I am starting a nice colletion of cylinders as well. Plus. I have, a few nice ads, mostly Columbia, and Victrola, but I do have at least one Edsion ad. I have also been spending more time, on the Old Time Victrola Music Message Board, and the Online Edsion Phonograph Dsicussion board. I have met a lot of nice, knowledgeable people, and have been having, a lot fun, learning about Edsion phonographs. I was surprised by the number of other Edsion fans, and collectors out there. I now have something to look for, when I go wandering through antique shops. I know I can find Edsion stuff on Ebay, but some of the stuff is priced high, plus there is other competiton.

I haven't really thought about music, or synthesizers. I did check out some of the latest videos from the winter NAMM show, and answer some people's email's about, either the Poly-61, or the Arp Omni. I have not even set foot in a music store, since I took this break from music, and synthesizers. Come to think of it I have not even obsessed, about owning a single new synthesizer, or the fact that I am not really a player. Of course I really don't care, that I am not a player. I haven't even pulled my keyboards out in quite a few months. There still under my day bed, in my office, in their cases, and box, (Korg K61). I havent' really made a descion, on whether or not, I am going to get back into synths or not. Let alone on keeping aany of the ones I have. Well let's not be to rash, I'm not giving up the Omni. It's just to personal to part with.

Anyway, that's what I've been up too. I still pop in, from time to time though.

PEACE!

#146 - 02/11/07 04:37 PM Re: Taking a break from music: UPDATE!
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Excellent my friend. Excellent. Good to see that you're doing well.

-ED-

#147 - 02/11/07 04:47 PM Re: Taking a break from music: UPDATE!

Thank you ED! Here is a pic, of my latest phonograph.

#148 - 02/11/07 05:32 PM Re: Taking a break from music: UPDATE!
3351 Offline

Looks beautiful actually. I can see why you like these phonographs. Would be nice to hear one too as the last time I've heard one was ages ago. Never heard the diamond disk one. Is the sound roughly the same?

But it looks great. I loaded the image on my 24-inch iMac and it looks awesome. Nice picture quality too. Are you using a new camera too by any chance? I'm no photography wizz but I think your camera is way better than mine.

Hey, this is impressive stuff indeed.

-ED-

#149 - 02/12/07 01:27 AM Re: Taking a break from music: UPDATE!

Thanks Ed! Actually, this and the diamond disc sound a little different, but not by much. Actually it's the type of horn, and reproducer that really makes a difference.

I don't have a new cammera, just new software. I have a Kodak Easy Share Cammera, with a docking bay. Easiest way to take pictures, and too transfer them to my PC. The I use the Editing features of the Kodak Software. What you are looking at is, an enhanced pic. The orignal, was much darker. Whit the Kodak easy share camera, and software, you really can't take, a bad picture.

BTW: Yesterday, I finally figured out, how to post pictures on here. I signed up with photobucket, and was able to transefer the pics, so I could post them on here. They put the file into HTML code, and I just copy, and paste the code. Photobuket is a free service, so I don't mind the ads.

#150 - 02/12/07 02:43 PM Re: Taking a break from music: UPDATE!
3351 Offline

Ah, cool. I use iPhoto myself for image enhancement and so on.

Good that you've figured out how to post images. I used to do that stuff as well. It was a while ago so I can't even remember the website. BTW these sites don't really convert your images into HTML. The code just acts as a link.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online