SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2592 - 08/10/06 01:28 PM high quality instrument bags
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
A month or so ago, in a moment of weakness, I bough a double neck Gretsch guitar, only to find out that there was no case available and wasn't going to be.

I found Ken, the owner of a custom shop in california called Blue Heron. He built one off a tracing of the instrument. At a little over $300.00 it wasn't cheap, but of the highest quality...it's GREAT. Plus, he's a great guy and does what he says he will.

If you have a need for a unique carrying case/bag, why not het hold of him? Don't have his web address at hand, but a Google search of Blue Heron bags will get it.

Russ

#2593 - 08/11/06 07:32 AM Re: high quality instrument bags
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Russ...
How about posting a pic of the case that Ken built for you. I'd be interested in seeing it.

------------------
...shboom

#2594 - 08/11/06 08:03 AM Re: high quality instrument bags
captain Russ Offline

Shboom, I'll get to that in 10 days or so. You may also be interested in the instrument...a really gaudy Gretsch double with a regular and 6 string "tick-tack" neck...silver sparkle,,,two Bigsbys....really tacky...copy says "comes without fork lift!" We're preparing for an Orgill show in Chicago, and I won't be back in the office until then. Maby I'll also post the photo of the old Cushman scooter we have been restoring. It's almost complete, and someone wanted to see it.

Got a nice double Ovation 6/12 acoustic at the same time. I'll include a photo of that, too.(Nigel-could you please help? I'd like to send the photos to you to post like you did with my old Guild).

Regards,

Russ

#2595 - 08/14/06 11:35 AM Re: high quality instrument bags
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Russ...
Is that double neck the Japanese or Mexican knock off? I ask only because I've seen an "Ovation" double neck up here in Canuckleland, but it was a Japanese knock off, which didn't impress me too much, particular with regards to the strength of the truss rods (if any).
I've got a U.S. Balladeer 12, and she is a sweet ride.
Bit of a pain replacing the battery, the housing is internal, secured by an external 1/4 turn locking nut, unlike the newer ones which have a battery access from the roundback.
btw...I bought the new KorgD3200. Is that ever a nice piece of work.

If you post a pic of that case you had made, I'll post a pic of one of my latest aquisitions. Hamer 12 string Bass...about 40 pounds of thunder.

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 08-14-2006).]

#2596 - 08/14/06 12:07 PM Re: high quality instrument bags
captain Russ Offline

Shboom, it's the current model..made in China, I think. It's available from Musicians Friend, but I bought this one from the local dealer (never again). I really bought it only for the looks and don't really intend to play it much. Cost was $999.00. List was around $1500.00. All in all, a decent "toy" for the price. Not too bad for an import.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online