SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1486 - 03/27/06 09:12 PM How do I....delete a message and start a new topic?
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I'm fairly computer literate but I can't figure out where to login on this site so that I can post a message. Can someone advise me? Also, how do I delete a message I already managed to post?

Thank you

#1487 - 03/28/06 07:45 AM Re: How do I....delete a message and start a new topic?
MrEd Offline

Where to login?
How to post?
This is it! You have arrived!!
You are in the zone ... the music-making musician-helping SynthZone.
(FYI: You already have 6 posts)

When you click open the forum of interest (like you did to post this question) before you go and click open any of the topics, look at the bottom of the screen. You will see underlined, "Post New Topic". Click there and you're in business.

REPLY TO A POST:
When you are in/reading a topic and want to reply, again, at the bottom of the screen, "Post Reply" is there.
--OR--
REPLY WITH QUOTE:
At the top of each posting, you see a date/time stamp and next to it, 4 small icons. Position your mouse-cursor over each to see a description of each. You will see a 'Reply with Quote'. Use this IF you are posting in reference to the specific post, in example, If there are 10 posts in a topic and you are posting/replying to the 5th post, then click the 'post with quote' icon of the 5th post and a box opens with the contents of the origianl post, and you can then add your comments above or below those characters.

EDIT/DELETE A MESSAGE:
1 of the 4 icons next to the date/time stamp is 'Edit/Delete Message'.
You can change/edit your own already-posted message there, but I don't think that we can delete the message,
BUT...
You can use the edit function here, to entirely space and/or write a note, like 'Posted by mistake'as many do.

Thanks for the typing exercise
It also gave me a reminder that there is a PayPal donate button at the bottom of the screen and i've been meaning to send a little contribution. Nigel, the administrator has told me (in the past thru personal email) that nobody owes nothing for using SynthZone and he's just happy to have everyone's interest, period. But I look at what I spend for magazines, music/instrument-related periodicals and feel that the value of info/knowledge/friendships/fun that I have experienced because of SynthZone, should be rewarded in some way, and a donation is how I will show that appreciation.

Lucky2Bhere, Happy Posting

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 03-28-2006).]

#1488 - 03/28/06 02:34 PM Re: How do I....delete a message and start a new topic?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
I'm fairly computer literate but I can't figure out where to login on this site so that I can post a message. Can someone advise me? Also, how do I delete a message I already managed to post?

Thank you

Well, first there's a grace period. If you're nice you will be invited to one of our annual off-line meetings and tought a secret handshake. Shortly after that you will be challenged in many ways and if you pass you will finally be given the right to log-in, post, edit (but not delete) your own messages.

Until then,

WE ARE WATCHING YOU!!!

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 03-29-2006).]

#1489 - 03/28/06 06:07 PM Re: How do I....delete a message and start a new topic?
MrEd Offline

ED!
Was that a hanshake?
They told ME headshake and my grace period is not over yet...

Please, can I stop now?

#1490 - 03/28/06 11:55 PM Re: How do I....delete a message and start a new topic?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:

Thank you

Well I'd say you already managed to post a message. I had to stop allowing deletion because if the starter of a thread deleted his post it also killed the entire thread so everyone agreed I should stop allowing that.

But you can still edit your posting. Whenever I find a post that has been edited to nothing then I just delete it for you.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 03-28-2006).]

#1491 - 03/29/06 03:06 AM Re: How do I....delete a message and start a new topic?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrEd:
ED!
They told ME headshake and my grace period is not over yet...

Please, can I stop now?

Granted.
You can now stop shaking your head!

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 03-29-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online