SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1004 - 01/29/06 01:06 PM what keyboad shall i buy
gibscorpion Offline

Loc: gibraltar
my names brian and i sing for a local band but i do not play the keybaord i just fire the midies or kar files and i prtend i play whiles i read the lyrics of the display screen on my pax1pro ,but now i need to buy another keybaord becuase the other one now belongs to my ex wife and i can only use it when we perform so i need one for my house so the question is what shouled i buy that has a good storage capsity for midies and able to modyfy them and to use screen display for lyrics to i but another korg pax1pro which i know how it works or shall i buy another good toy like the tyros2 or roland roland g70

#1005 - 01/29/06 02:10 PM Re: what keyboad shall i buy
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
If it is an arranger keyboard that you're interested in buying you may want to post your Q over at the General Arranger KB forum around here.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 01-30-2006).]

#1006 - 01/29/06 02:12 PM Re: what keyboad shall i buy
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
If you are only wanting to play midi and karaoke files do not waste your money on the G70 or Tyros 2. They do offer great playback of midi files since the sound engines in both are superb, but if you are miming over the top of them having spent over £2000 on either you'd have to be extremely rich or silly to be honest. All you need is a cheap keyboard that has a disc/hard drive to save your files onto. Maybe you'd be better offer getting a 2nd hand instrument or forget miming and get yourself one of the rack mount units with good gm/gs playback etc in it.
Good luck with whatever you have. If you simply must have a G70 or Tyros 2 take up keyboard lessons m8 and learn how to play those songs yourself, it's far more rewarding than shoving some disk in and pretending. Any musician in the audience will twig on straight away and realise that you are fake.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online