SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#4368 - 10/12/04 01:07 PM Music and Technology Buyers Guide
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just picked up a copy of the lattest issue of the Music & Technology Buyers guide. Just to look through to see what's new in the world of Music technology. I remember when this issue used to be the December issue of Keyboard Magazine, before the teamed up with EQ to put out a seperate buyers guide. I knwe I should have used this guide in the past when buing keyboards, and proabbly would not have made the same mistakes.

#4369 - 10/13/04 10:47 AM Re: Music and Technology Buyers Guide
MrEd Offline

Hi Paul.
I haven't seen the guide that you referred to.

How's the info in it? All detailed specs from the manufacturer, or are there A/B comparison tests and evaluations too?

As we have seen here at SZ many times, the evaluation of the same product, by multiple persons brings different likes and dislikes. And those hands-on comparisons will often bring to the attention, finer points that I had not considered while I was going goo-goo ga-ga over the fine set of pictures and specs that the manufacurer has provided.

In other non-musical industries that I have worked in, the marketing budgets always seem to increase while the claims handling and customer support dwindles.

But still, I'm like a kid in a candy shop so I'll probably be taking a peek at that guide.

Ed

#4370 - 10/13/04 05:01 PM Re: Music and Technology Buyers Guide
Anonymous
Unregistered

Music Technology Buyers Guide, no and; is presented by KEYBOARD & EQ Magazines. Every year, these two magazines put together a buyers guid of all the lattest Music Technology, from hardware to software. Which is then divided in to catagories and sub catagories. Such as: Instruments/synthesizers. Then they list the manufacturer, and Model, plus the MSRP and a breif description of the model. However there are no comparissions to tell you which item is better or not. Keyboard and EQ do that in there Revies of equipment.

All this is, si nothing more then a guide to let you know whats out there, and what stuff costs. This can be picked up off the rack at Borders, or your nearest Music Store. There is even a listing of manufacturers and contacts in the back. All though it won't list more recent items. For example if a manufacturer intorduces a new item after this guid was published it will not be in the guide. This is for gear the was released the previous year.

This is buyers guide only. If you want comaprison charts check out Sonic State.com or keyboard online.com.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online