SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1676 - 02/11/04 10:25 AM Fantom X
Extra 808 Offline

Loc: Wash. DC
I have a Xp-60 and a CDX-1. I was thinking about Buying the Fantom X-6 When it comes out. Should I? Are You? I'm just learn in how to create my own patches and got some patches off line, and I just got change it. Had my equipnent for almost 4yrs or so.

#1677 - 02/14/04 03:38 PM Re: Fantom X
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
Hi Extra 808,

Well it took us some research to find out what the Fantom is. Don't call us dumb but we're really Technics enthusiasts at heart...

Anyway with out much to go on other than advertising blurb on various web sites, depending on which country you're in, go for it. Like a lot of the music industry it's always a case of sink or swim. If you like the result(s) all well and good; if not you've only got one person to blame. It's rather like buying a car. We'd be interested (after having perused nearly 40 sites) to hear how much it eventually costs you.

Regards,

Mark, Michie & Lucy

#1678 - 02/25/04 08:40 AM Re: Fantom X
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
The only way for me to know if I should buy the Fantom X is to try one out when it becomes available. I like the demos I've heard, but I want it in my hands before making any kind of commitment to any piece of gear.. While sales hype can get my interest piqued, I never want to buy into it fully.

It looks like it will be an all around good "rompler". I always like having at least one of these workstation types in the studio, and right now it's the Motif ES. The ES has a very nice all around soundset, but parts of the OS are a very untintuitive for me to access and work with.

I demoed a Fantom S before purchasing the ES, and I thought it's OS was much easier to navigate. I picked the ES because I liked the soundset a lot better. If I can beleive the dmos, the X may have improved quite a bit over it's predecessors in the sounds dept, but I'd need one up close and personal befoire I made a purchase like that.

AJ

#1679 - 02/27/04 12:52 PM Re: Fantom X
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Where can I hear demos of Fantom X? I've heard Roland's demos where they show off the piano and nylon guitars and skip-back sampling. Where can I hear songs created, or more of the patches, strings drums horns etc?
Direct me to audio files please.
Thanks

[This message has been edited by FAEbGBD (edited 02-27-2004).]

#1680 - 02/27/04 06:26 PM Re: Fantom X
Bluezplayer Offline

Here is a link to the video demo that I saw during Winter Namm 2004 coverage at Harmony Central. http://trio.harmony-central.com/ramgen/WNAMM04/Roland-Fantom-X.rm

I remember hearing at least one other demo of the "X" too, with more than a couple of sounds, but I don;t think there were any completed songs on it. Unfortunately, I can't recall right now how I found it.

I took it in with an grain of salt anyway, much as I have with the Triton extreme, which also had some pretty demos. Demo's just don't sell it for me. I had thought the demos of the S sounded very good too. Not that the S sounds bad at all, but it wasn't quite what I had expected.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 02-27-2004).]

#1681 - 03/02/04 05:28 AM Re: Fantom X
Extra 808 Offline

Loc: Wash. DC
I just found out about the Extreme Vs. Fantom! Please Help!

#1682 - 03/02/04 08:54 AM Re: Fantom X
Bluezplayer Offline

Ok.. but.. what kind of help are you looking for ? I'm not certain, but I don't believe that either has hit the stores yet, so anything we discuss about them is more speculation than anything else, right ?

AJ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online