SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3004 - 12/28/03 05:06 AM Wendy Carlos By Request , Banned in Britain!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got a copy of Wendy Carlos' By Request for Christmas and found out something very interesting. Did you know this album is Banned in Britain? All becsue of the track Pompous Circumstances. Apprently when this album was orginally released, the Elgar Estate was upset about the arrangement of Pomp and Circumstance. Becuse they thought Carlos was makeing fun of Elgar's music. After reading about why the album was banned, I thought to myself, are these people serious? I could understand if there was something offensive like harsh lyrics or a valgure picture on the cover I could see. But to get upset over the change of one piece of music? No offense to our British frineds, But I mean come on there must be worse things to get upset over then the changeing of one piece of music. Oh and to the Elgar Estate Lighten up, it's just a piece of music.

#3005 - 12/28/03 05:52 PM Re: Wendy Carlos By Request , Banned in Britain!
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Some kinda british thing I guess...
I mean they are OK with "Sex Pistols" making fun of her majesty, but not with Wendy Carlos.
By looking at the smiles of the royal family, I can definitely say that they don't like dentists either...
What do you expect from those people, they drive on the wrong side of the road anyway.
It was definitely some kinda dentist-related matter. Wendy was probably dating one.

WOW
I'm a genious!!!
-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 12-29-2003).]

#3006 - 12/29/03 02:40 AM Re: Wendy Carlos By Request , Banned in Britain!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Of course it's the dentist! Ed, you really are very intelligent. I mean it's not like it was anything anyone would care about anyway. Do the Elgar's think they will miss out on some royalties? If so, well then it really IS Pompus of Circumstance.
So whatya do? Everyone sing!
Pomp against the wall mother circumstanser, Pomp against the wall...Pomp against the wall Yeah! God it feels so good to have Pre Paid legal sometimes! LOL
MORPH!

------------------
Rights Free Production
"It's all you."
MORPH! Prod. Gp.
LGB, CA 92652-0054 (USA)

#3007 - 12/30/03 09:47 AM Re: Wendy Carlos By Request , Banned in Britain!
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Yes, I'm ****ing brilliant.
Especially after a 26er of JD.

BTW
I couldn't even find that song on Kazaa. It must be really good. Damn Brits should definitely lighten up.
But as Morph pointed out...Enough intelligence out of me...

Have a happy new year!
-ED-

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online