SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1962 - 12/29/03 04:23 AM Rusty Sign Gets a total refurb.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know if I ever mentioned my sign. I use a 69 Microbus for a sign for the shop. Pretty cool graphics n' stuff. The vehicle however is not your average 69 VW Microbus. Originally I won it in a bet with someone at Ben Brown's golf course years ago after it was reconfigured to harbor a Caddilac 472 or 500 cubic inch engine, it now packs an all alluminum Keith Black 550 hemi race engine that delivers an unmentionable amount of horsepower. It had to inadvertantly be detuned to prevent the drivetrain from leaving the rest of the vehicle behind LOL
Now that it's completed one of the guys at KB Engineering said to me "Hey Pete, next time, just bring us a skate board and we'll strap a motor up to it and weld a chair on top...same thing." I guess since the finish on the bus was always kept in good condition, it looks great, but it's rusted out on the inside from living on the shoreline it's whole life and all the metal on the body is super thin and the entire vehicle is super light. they took off all the rust and sealed it completely. You know you're dealing with some radical power when the maker warns that although it's unlikely because it was reinforced, it is still possible for the drivetrain to leave the rest of the body behind if all the body fasteners broke and that he advises that I get a wheelie bar and have it welded to the tail for added saftey. Now I ask you, who on earth is going to have a wheelie bar for a VW microbus!?! LOL

------------------
Rights Free Production
"It's all you."
MORPH! Prod. Gp.
LGB, CA 92652-0054 (USA)

#1963 - 12/29/03 08:54 AM Re: Rusty Sign Gets a total refurb.
tekminus Offline

Did you drive it and just parked it as a sign or did you just recently start driving it again?

Un-confuse me.

-tek

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online