SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2278 - 09/27/03 07:28 AM The Grand & other software
Recorder Offline

Hi everybody, I would like to try Steinberg The Grand, but I don't want to buy expensive and complex software like Cubase or Nuendo. I need only two or maximum four tracks because I'm a pianist and I'm interesting ONLY in best piano sound, so big and expensive Steinberg or Emagic software are totally unuseful for me. Is it possible to control "The Grand" from any little and easy to use MIDI sequencer? Any idea?
Thank you very much.
Recorder

#2279 - 09/29/03 08:44 PM Re: The Grand & other software
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Well, unfortunetely Steinberg do notmake stand alone versions of their VST instruments. They will, There are some plans for mac OSX, but that's in a distant future.

There are some applications that will let you run VST plug-ins and instruments, but they are a bit unstable. Look out for crack versions of Cubase or Logic.

ED

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 09-29-2003).]

#2280 - 10/03/03 12:47 PM Re: The Grand & other software
Recorder Offline

Hi ED and thank you for your reply.
No I don't like crack versions. But you spoke about other applications...... can you please tell me more? Which applications?Thank you.
Recorder

#2281 - 10/03/03 01:33 PM Re: The Grand & other software
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Well, on second thought...
I think Steinberg are the only company that doesn't make stand alone versions of their VST instruments and plug-ins. Emagic are the same way.
However, I've heard that there are 3rd party applications that let you run things like the grand, but I don't know what they are called. I'll check with my dealer and get back to you.
ED

#2282 - 10/09/03 11:42 AM Re: The Grand & other software
Recorder Offline

Well, maybe I found a good solution. http://www.fasoft.com N-Track Studio is a good audio/MIDI sequencer, not too big, not too expensive, not so difficult as other software, and it support VST plugins including VST instruments. I'm tryind a demo version and it seems good.
Recorder.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online