SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1914 - 08/17/03 11:50 PM PSR 2100 Help
mikerr765 Offline

So i hav a few questions if you have a moment?
1. I have psr 550 and wow was i amazed with it!
Love the cool live type sounds they are amazing and i believe it only has 4 on it, i was wondering can the cool live sounds from the 2100 be put on to the 550 somehow and would they sound as good????
2. How does the vocal harmonizer work on the 2100, do you just sing and it follows your voice or do you have to do something with the keys to follow your voice (hope that makes sense???
3.Does this harmonizer really sound good ??? or do people say "that sounds artificial", or can you get it so it is not overly noticable so it just blend nicely like a fullness effect??
4. I have never heard a guitar on a keyboard i like, but i did not try the 2100's yet are they really that good like the sweet trumpet and sweet flute, wow i like those?
Help is appreciate. Mike

#1915 - 08/18/03 07:02 PM Re: PSR 2100 Help
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I don't work with PSRs - I'm more into professional recording, but I'll try to answer your questions. I'm confused with
the term "live sounds". Are you refering to
DSP FX (Reverbs,Phazers,Delays and all that stuff) or Instruments (Guitars,bases,organs,pads,leads, etc)?
In either case the transfer of the sound (or program) from one instrument to another is only possible when their on board resorses and software (or SYSEX) are identical or similar (more of a conversion issue). To put it another way, You can only make one unit read the sounds of another if they are compatible.
I really don't think that the two different PSR keyboards have identical waveform data and FX. And I think that data transfer is more of a professional synth thing.
I haven't played with PSRs in over a dacade, but I'm sure they are a lot of fun!

#1916 - 08/18/03 11:47 PM Re: PSR 2100 Help
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
"Live" sounds are a special group of sampled tones from yamaha's library. The term "live" separates them from other specific groups, such as:
"cool"
"session" and
"sweet"

They are all just lables.

#1917 - 08/22/03 10:25 AM Re: PSR 2100 Help
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
1) the answer is NO.

2) It can have two modes: chord mode that follows the chord on left hand. Notes mode that follows notes on the right hand (vocoder).

3) I heard it works really good

4) I always liked the guitars on Yamaha. To me, the guitar on 2100 is decent.

By the way, I really really like sweet trumpt and sweet flute.

#1918 - 08/22/03 12:21 PM Re: PSR 2100 Help
Uncle Dave Offline

Many of us are using arranger keyboard as our main work tool, and even in our studios. The old notion that "professional" gear has no speakers, is on it's way out.
I also do alot of professional recordings...with very modest gear. I have been doing this for well over 25 years, and I have fround that ANY tool that makes the job easier, belongs in my setup.
You should review and test some of the newer auto boards out there. They may surprise you, as well as the users that are making theire (OUR) living using these keyboards every night.

It's the player that makes it "pro"...not the gear.

#1919 - 08/22/03 02:40 PM Re: PSR 2100 Help
Uncle Dave Offline

One more thing Mike.... you'll get more responses to this typw of question in the General ARRANGER forum. This place is more synth users. Not as many arranger owners here.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online