SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1479 - 06/15/03 02:17 PM V-Synth, I LoveHateLoveHateLoveHate it.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone been throwing their cat on this board lately!? Ever had the corn that rolled off the Barby grille into the dirt? Better yet a clam on the half shell about 5 seconds after you pulled it up and out of it's bed. No rinse.
It must be some paradyme that suddenly transforms that corn into being the one finest cobb in that cornfield for the season. The taste is incredible but ugh that grittiness! no matter how much you rinse it. Folks, I hate that V-synth. It is nothing but a hyped up variphrase with cosm, special filters, involing time formants, variable oscilators in tandem with its controllability that just happens to produce sounds that NOTHING ELSE can produce and do it all on the fly as well. Let's just say that if you are an unmarried keyboardist that plays Raves and has one of these, your name just became synonomous as the high God of all rave lords. This keyboard IS somewhat proprietary in it's sound output. It has a nastyness to it and cannot be used for a Disney tune. It is tinkerbell deflowered and on extasy if you tried. If you are into modern darker trance/house, & GOA, you will need someone to follow you around with a drool catch pan because your abilities have just 100 folded into a total kahnipshen of sounds unlimited.
I might absolutely hate this keyboard for what it is, but I absolutely love it and think it is the most incredible work of art for a musical instrument regard to what it can do. I am pretty sure I will wind an owner of one by Monday, but I will say this:
The day that they make one of these to be also with a clean purity of sounds, like a Kurz for instance, That is the day they can stop making keyboards and their will not be a need to go any further. My instinct says go for it. The first time I ever saw the woman who is now my wife my first thought was ..ugh! what the hell is that? Incredible beauty but dressed in filthy clothes with a spitting potty mouth. The Guns n' Roses eat your heart out era is long over for her. That was 11 years ago. Today she is the finest of fine women. Least I say that she tries to not walk along PCH in Laguna too much, because she causes too many automobile accidents. I think I will give this V-Synth a shot, and see how far I can take it. Anybody out there own one?

#1480 - 06/15/03 03:55 PM Re: V-Synth, I LoveHateLoveHateLoveHate it.
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
I've just been reading a review of the V-Synth in Sound-on-Sound. The reviewer was very enthusiastic but I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Someone likened it to a player's keyboard but it did not come across as that. Monotimbral - no layering, only one midi channel, and 24 note polyphony which apparently drops to eight under a heavy load. And it seems to do a lot without doing very much at all. I think I'll stick to my PSR740.

Bryan

#1481 - 06/16/03 07:05 AM Re: V-Synth, I LoveHateLoveHateLoveHate it.
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
You're right , it's just a Vari-phrase . It never worked , they never got the buggs out . It's just another repacking job with a new look .
JV , XP , XV , FANTOM - does it really matter ?

#1482 - 06/16/03 05:21 PM Re: V-Synth, I LoveHateLoveHateLoveHate it.
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
You should write for a mag. MOrph!, or at least some online publication.

#1483 - 06/16/03 08:13 PM Re: V-Synth, I LoveHateLoveHateLoveHate it.
Llyren Offline

The V-Synth is definately powerful - its real-time waveform editing possibilities are impressive, especially the ability to process incoming waves. But it's not what we normally think of as a synthesizer, especially a workstation; the V-Synth isn't about playing music, it's about creating sound. I'll stick to my XP-80, thanks.

#1484 - 06/17/03 02:07 PM Re: V-Synth, I LoveHateLoveHateLoveHate it.
tekminus Offline

Guess I wasn't that far off in my predictions: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum1/HTML/002797.html

-tek

typo..me tirezzZZZ

[This message has been edited by tekminus (edited 06-17-2003).]

#1485 - 06/27/03 06:22 AM Re: V-Synth, I LoveHateLoveHateLoveHate it.
Anonymous
Unregistered

"You should write for a mag. MOrph!, or at least some online publication." LOL Jiddu yeah now THAT would be comedy! Yeah what is funny though is how my little Gangstarlet (that's her part this weekend) seems to make metal collide. Amazing how one can go through an entire fashion ...before it even arrives. OK enough bitch boasting.

So I got the synth. picked it up for 1400. that's about 800 back of sticker with warranty, no pinstripes, no piano bench & X stand. This might sound a bit Einstein to ya but I couldn't say it without this new gear. Each sound no matter what it is can open a new world of different sounds that are within in, and the same be within them, and so on. Scientifically, the v-synth enables a musician to open a sound slowly and grab the part of the sound desired, and then manipulate it. I can do all of this by wav editing, even beyond the V-Synth, but not at the rate and various capture angles that you can auditarily approach a sound with this shit box. Yeah I'm sure the local spinners will be ringing my phone once I let a sampler loose. They can sample my air biscuit though in the mean time. So am I a God of Rave now? Wow. well I'll resign then and give it to the cardinal DJ and see if he can spinn himself up to be a whatever (finely polished turd perhaps) LOL not a problem. long as i dont have to hear it! LOL

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online