SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3557 - 09/17/02 04:37 AM Soundcard
Akiskari Offline

Loc: Jyvaskyla, Finland
Ok. here is the problem. I just bought a new computer. I have home studio which includes few synths and a mixer. I use cubase 5. My old computer was so slow that I couldnīt do any audio recordings to hard disk so I mainly did my songs in midi format. Now when I have fast computer I would like to record all my song to cubese in audio and mix/compress/add effects there, and then finally burn the song to CD. So the question is what kind on soundcard would I need. It should have midi in/out, separate outputs for left and right (I have behringer truth active monitors) Two inputs left/right.

Am I missing something important here, What are the main thing I should look for when I to shopping the card.

any help greatly appreciated.

#3558 - 09/17/02 08:58 AM Re: Soundcard
tekminus Offline

Plan ahead and see what kind of connections you need. How many inputs? How many outputs? Do you need digital in/out? Price.

Some cards have their own digital signal processors (DSP), to ease the strain on the main CPU. Others just act as an audio interface.

I also hear some people get along fine with Soundblasters. Oh yeah and don't belive the hype.

-tek

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online