SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8531 - 01/17/08 02:28 PM is Axiom the answer?
johnnyd Offline

Loc: Can
Hey guys
I'm planning on buying an Axiom, but I,m not sure if it will meet my needs. Just wondering if any people are familiar with this controller.
Right now I'm using an old Roland JV-80 to control my softsynths The Jv-80 has 8 sliders which are act as volume faders and can be assinged a midi channel 1 through 8. This is perfect for my needs{but it's about time to retire the old girl}.
I use Brainspawn Forte(virtual rack) as a host.
What I need to know is can I use the eight faders on the axiom similtaniuosly?(at the same time) each one on a different channel.
I tried a Novation Remote sl 61 , but the only way i could do this was in zone mode which only allows four zones, so only four instruments

#8532 - 01/17/08 03:56 PM Re: is Axiom the answer?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I used a Axiom 61 for about a month..I thought the feel was better than other controllers..

You still will have control over 4 zones as your other controller..

The sliders[49 and 61 key models only] can be assigned to do many things and there are factory presets to get you started..

I use the same host that you are using..and the Axiom worked as it should..

My only problem..I could not get the sliders to work as draw-bars..correctly with Native Instruments B4..

On line[Axiom} techs didn't help..they just referred me to page 12 of the manual..

It's been a while since I used the JV[JV1000] but can't you set the JV80 to 8 zones..Maybe it would make a good controller for you..

I used a XP80 for a 16 zone controller for a few years..

#8533 - 01/17/08 04:26 PM Re: is Axiom the answer?
johnnyd Offline

Thanx for the info. I am currently using my jv-80 but a lot of the keys are getting loose and I've snapped a few of the blacks off(no fun replacing them) It's perfect for what I need ( I can have a synth assigned to each of the eight sliders and bring them in and out as i need them)but it's time to upgrade. If the Axiom can do this I'm a happy camper

[This message has been edited by johnnyd (edited 01-17-2008).]

#8534 - 01/17/08 04:32 PM Re: is Axiom the answer?
johnnyd Offline

It's to bad you can't assign the sliders to drawbar setting for B4. I pretty sure I've read on other forums that some guys have been able to use em as drawbars.

#8535 - 01/17/08 05:53 PM Re: is Axiom the answer?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Yes ..they are assignable..but I could not get all the bars to read

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online