SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8465 - 11/29/07 08:24 AM What about melodicas?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Anyone play one regularly on the job anymore? I have an old one from the 70's and am going to order a new one next week. Hohner seems to be the only manufacturer.

Which model to get? There is a $99.00 and a $199.00 model. The less expensive one comes with a piece of tubing so you can play it with one hand, mounted. Does the more expensive one have the tubing? How would you mike it? I'm thinking if using one on my old school job, with the B and the Rhodes to add to the retro sound.

Please let me know...

R.

#8466 - 11/29/07 04:08 PM Re: What about melodicas?
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Russ, that bring's back old memories..
A melodica was my very first contact as a kid with making music, in the late fifties. I can even remember it was green coloured, with black and white keys...
An uncle of mine owned one and let me play(blow) on it .
Never saw one again though in real in all those years...
Since I bought a guitar as a kid (from my newspaper job) I focussed on guitars untill this day...
Thank's for bringing up, Fred

#8467 - 11/30/07 12:03 PM Re: What about melodicas?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
For years, I used one on several songs when I played guitar. Groupo was piano, bass guitar and drums. Nice little change from guitar solos. Thought it would be fun to stry to use one today.

R.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online