SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1992 - 09/26/07 11:49 PM Best weighted synth under 1200GBP? Yamaha MO8 Feedback...?
stukeys Offline

Loc: Manchester, UK
Hi

I'm coming back to playing again after some absence and am about to start ptting my studio together. My synth workstation requirement first before anything was something with 88 weighted keys. I was looking at the Fantom FX8 initially, however I found a kiler deal for the YAMAHA MO8 for 799GBP. The technology on the upper range Fantom series etc would not be best used by me until I get into the groove again.

Does anyone have any feedback on the MO8? All I can see are good reviews - it has the same engine as the new Motif ES, without a couple of the 'pro' options which will not affect me anyway at moment.

Any input appreciated!

#1993 - 09/29/07 11:38 AM Re: Best weighted synth under 1200GBP? Yamaha MO8 Feedback...?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
IMHO you'd be better off investing in a used ES8 or S90/S90 ES but the MO isn't something I'd bag either. Even if its at least half as good as the Motif ES it is already great.

In fact if my ES8 was stolen I'd probably pick up a MO as a replacement. I don't use half of its features (such as a sequencer and sampling) nor I really need to use all of its 128 voices. I'd be just as happy with the MO.

cheers,

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 09-29-2007).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online