SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3174 - 03/26/06 08:55 AM burning a CD
ochre aka ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Having a bit of a problem burning from the Library page of Limewire. No problem doing it from My Documents, but Limewire won't co-operate.

Can anyone give me a simple step by step guide to success, pleeease?

Peter

PS Using Microsoft XP and Nero

#3175 - 03/26/06 01:21 PM Re: burning a CD
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Under your "Options", designate a folder other than the Limewire folder, as a collection location. Works for me. If you want to be a "host", your compilations will be duplicated to a Limewire folder for others. I hope I've understood your question correctly, and Good Luck.

------------------
...shboom

#3176 - 03/28/06 08:47 AM Re: burning a CD
ochre aka ogre Offline

We must stop meeting like this....

What I'm actually tryin to do is to transfer stuff already downloaded into the Library page, onto a cd,and no matter what I do it don;t work for me. Think I might have to download it again and divert it as you suggest into windows my documents?

Peter

#3177 - 03/28/06 09:51 AM Re: burning a CD
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
If the files are showing up in your "Library" page they are already on your hard drive. No need to download them again.
All you need to do is find where the files are located (as a default Limewire creates "Shared" or "My Shared" folder and that's where all the downloaded stuff usually goes). and simply copy/paste them to any other location on your hard drive.

-ED-

------------------
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
- - - Oscar Wilde

#3178 - 03/29/06 08:54 AM Re: burning a CD
ochre aka ogre Offline

Thanks for the info -Ed-.

Thinking about your quotation.......

Peter

#3179 - 04/02/06 05:59 AM Re: burning a CD
ochre aka ogre Offline

The saga continues------ finally managed to burn onto a cd-r, and the disk plays fine via the computer, BUT nothing plays via either of my two cd players. When viewed on the pc, the music ( sort of green circles with white arrow), is displayed.

Where did I go wrong, again??

Peter

#3180 - 04/02/06 06:33 AM Re: burning a CD
3351 Offline

That's because CD players only read Audio CDs. You've burned a data CD instead. Will play on any computer and even some new CD/DVD players but not on an average CD player. I thought everybody who has a computer knows that kind of stuff...

Anyway, the software you are using to burn CDs lets you choose different data formats including "Audio CD" format. Just keep in mind that an audio CD can't hold more than 16-20 songs. All depends on the length of the songs of course but most pop songs don't exceed length of 5-7 minutes.

So if you have a lot of music on your computer (like a gig of mp3 files) you will need a lot of CDs in order to be able to play all of it on your CD players.

That's why CD players aren't that popular anymore. Most folks use MP3 players instead. For just listenning to music anyway.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 04-02-2006).]

#3181 - 04/02/06 10:34 AM Re: burning a CD
ochre aka ogre Offline

Lo. -ED-,

Actually I did know that and clicked on the symbol to burn an audio cd. The great news is that I just did it again (using a fourth CD) and have successfully burnt my first audible cd. (Who's a clever boy then??

Much appreciate your guidance and have just got to ask one question. Do you live on your pc 'cos you always seem to answer inside half an hour or so?

Thanks again and I know where to come when I get stuck again

All the Best,

Peter

#3182 - 04/02/06 01:58 PM Re: burning a CD
MORPH! Offline

Loc: Laguna Beach, California, Unit...
Hello. Back now, after 4 months in Bora Bora.

I just wanted to add that if you want to make an audio CD that will play anywhere, it's important to be sure that the CD has the specifications for audio (as well as data). Lots of CD manuf. make both, and the dye used in the data CDs are (often times) too thin for some CD players, especially those made for automobiles. They wont read correctly and will skip on an error free CD even when not moving. They make blank CDs a lot better than they used to these days, but there's still a few cheap bargains ones out there that will do this. This however does not mean that cheap bargain brands are no good because I have found this to be even the opposite with some like "Staples" (store brand) and one at Fry's electronics called "GC" which somehow is supposed to stand for Great Quality. Where they get the C out of a Q I will never know, but the disc's burn fantastic. Anyway what my post is about is saying that the quality of the disc matters too.

#3183 - 04/02/06 04:04 PM Re: burning a CD
3351 Offline

I live on my Mac. But only in the mornings and late afternoons. Otherwise my wife would kill me.

-ED-

------------------
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
- - - Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online