SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8103 - 09/26/05 12:29 PM Cool little practice amp
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
I picked this up on the weekend.
Nice and light to take to rehearsals. Very suitable for guitar & keys, (in a rehearsal environment).
$119.00 Can.
http://www.kustom.com/products/guitar_amps/arrow16.asp

------------------
...shboom

#8104 - 10/01/05 12:43 PM Re: Cool little practice amp
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That's a great deal. How does the 8 inch speaker hold up with the keyboard running through it ? Do you run the keyboard into the tape input ? I've seen a few Kustom amps around local music store and they all seem to be good value for the prices they are asking.

#8105 - 10/01/05 04:52 PM Re: Cool little practice amp
shboom Offline

So far so good Nigel. Obviously, I'm not gonna push it volume-wise in rehearsal, and likewise, I'm not putting a whole lot of bottom end stuff through her, but yes it handles both just fine, and as you suspected, I'm using the tape input for the kb, and controlling the level from the kb.
I was really surprised at the output that I could get from this little thing.
Blew my 35 watt Marshall practice amp outta the water.
btw...I've had some necessary work done on 2 of the switches in my Hagstrom II (just some poor soldering) and she's up and running just fine.
I'll try and get some pics of her in use at one of our next gigs, and post them.

------------------
...shboom

#8106 - 10/11/05 12:19 PM Re: Cool little practice amp
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Looks neat! Another alternative is a Rowland cube 15...15W, 8" speaker, switching channels
(clean and lead, 15 lbs,4-effects, available from Musicians Friend for $95.00. I have the Cube 30-which has a 10" speaker, line out, 8 amp simulations, effects, 30 watts. Price is $225.00. Also have the Cube 60...60 watts, effects, all of the above, for $345.00. It's a good performance amp for small venues.

Of course, I often use the old Rowland jazz chorus which I have had for 15 years for more power and a clean jazz sound.

Just another practice amp option..

Regards,

Russ

#8107 - 10/11/05 12:53 PM Re: Cool little practice amp
shboom Offline

Yes Russ...I've tried the little Roland, and it is a good amp. My choice was made more out of convenience & neccessity, so I grabbed what was available, but yeah, there are a lot of kool little practice amps out there if ya look for them.

------------------
...shboom

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online