SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#345 - 08/27/05 04:01 PM Bought a copy of Moog the Movie
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Yesterday I bought a copy of Moog the Movie from Borders. If you have not seen this movie, I highly Recomend it. To begin with, it was not what I was expecting, but it is a worthwhile movie. It's Mostly Bob talking to the camera, about electronics, and electronic music, and how he got into the business. It is also includes Bob talking with various musicians and people he had worked with. But only Bob is the one talking to the cammera. There are also some acrchival footage, form his early days in the business, plus some preformances of various bands, who use Moog synthesizers.

The DVD includes some deleted secnes, and a few extra preformances, plus a demo copy of the Arturia Minimoog.

#346 - 08/27/05 05:30 PM Re: Bought a copy of Moog the Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree. The movie isn't what I was expecting, but was pleasantly surprised by it. It was great that Dr. Moog was allowed to just be himself and share his life experiences, both business and personal to the audience. I am honored that I had the chance to meet Dr. Moog several times throughout the years.

Here is a picture I took in 2003 that shows him at his best and happiest; working on an analog synth

And the two of us at the 2003 Winter NAMM

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 08-27-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online