SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3646 - 02/21/04 02:06 PM i bought a juno 106! but every 6th key doesn't sound
robot.ghoul.show Offline

Loc: Glen Ellyn, IL. USA
yeah, i just got it, every 6th key doesn't work what does this mean? i need a new voice chip? but sometimes, it switches which 6th's aren't working, what the heck does it mean?please help me!!

#3647 - 02/21/04 08:28 PM Re: i bought a juno 106! but every 6th key doesn't sound
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Didn't you listen to it before you bought it? That's a pretty significant thing to leave out in a sales description.

#3648 - 02/22/04 01:04 AM Re: i bought a juno 106! but every 6th key doesn't sound
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
Hi Robot,

I've got to agree with Uncle Dave. I mean, you wouldn't but a car, new or second-hand without at least test driving it. Return the Juno to the dealer and demand either a replacement or, at least a refund.

Maybe it's a chip that's not working or maybe it's a fault in the wiring loom. Whatever, when buying any electrical equipment, be it PC, keyboard or even a cell-phone you should at least check to see it works before leaving the shop.

Enough of my rash comments for now...

Regards,

Michie

#3649 - 02/22/04 01:50 AM Re: i bought a juno 106! but every 6th key doesn't sound
Soft Machine Offline

Shut Off Robot

#3650 - 02/22/04 07:01 AM Re: i bought a juno 106! but every 6th key doesn't sound
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello...............I'll give you an answer instead of a sermon....................

You might just have a loose connector or wire inside where the keyboard pad connects to the circuit board. Most keyboards I've seen only use two connectors (4-8 wires each) to cover all the notes. It sounds like 1 connection is not being made, hence every 6th note not working. I've seen this before..........it's worth checking out before assuming it's a component problem Good luck. -charley

#3651 - 02/22/04 09:35 PM Re: i bought a juno 106! but every 6th key doesn't sound
robot.ghoul.show Offline

Loc: Glen Ellyn, IL. USA
aight, thanks for the input, and as far as the sermons, i bought it on ebay, advertised as mint. so yeah, i'm either collecting the shipping insurance or getting the guy who sold it to me to cover repair charges. fortunatly the guy who sent it to me sent it cod but for whatever reason they left the keyboard on my poarch without my paying, so i've got the upper hand in the situation. do you think its a repair someone with only basic electronic knowledge could handle? well, thanks again

#3652 - 02/23/04 08:29 AM Re: i bought a juno 106! but every 6th key doesn't sound
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I think Rattley is probably correct. I had a Roland Alhpa Juno 1. Then one day the C# key stopped working. I left the thing in stogare and didn't use it. Then like 4 years later I plugged it in and more keys were not working. I opened it up and found the Keyboard's computer board was rusting away. There's one of those green computer cards as long as the keyboard, that have a metal lead for every key. these metal leads were deteriorating and opening the circuit. For kicks I soldered a sort of "jumper" wire to bypass the obvious rust spot, and the key began to function again. I actually bypassed all the rust spots this way and got the keyboard working again. But I'm not good at soldering and a few came loose. Knowing I probably could not stop the rust, I threw the keyboard away. Imagine? The sound engine was actually still good, only the keyboard was trouble. Then I learned all about MIDI and wished I kept the keyboard. Ahh well.

Peace
Bob
<><

#3653 - 02/23/04 10:02 PM Re: i bought a juno 106! but every 6th key doesn't sound
djboomstick Offline

Loc: newyork
you mean its not every 6 one in a row , like in half steps , but , what ever the 6th key you press is in any intervals?

it has 6 voices and it rotates witch voice sounds, so the chip for your 6th voice might be dead.
test it out play any 5 notes not octaves over and over no problem then add a 6th note and see what happens. then try playing the 6th note octaves of the other notes your playing they might sound. anything else probly wont then.

so that would make it mint for 5 note bass lines?!?

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online