SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#5949 - 01/06/04 08:12 AM Roland MRD-500 Rhythm Bank
Milton Offline

Loc: Nashville, Tn. U.S.A.
Can anyone out there tell me anything about the MRD-500 rhythm bank for the MC-500MKII. I have one, but can't get my MC-500 to load it. At first I didn't think there was anything on the disk, but my computer tells me there is(but of course it won't read it).

#5950 - 01/06/04 09:13 AM Re: Roland MRD-500 Rhythm Bank
djboomstick Offline

Loc: newyork
hey the mrd is not an OS you have to boot like normal with your mrc OS and then load the rhythm banks like songs. i have the whole thing saved as midis somewhere and i still have the owners manual for the MRD

Quote:
Originally posted by Milton:
Can anyone out there tell me anything about the MRD-500 rhythm bank for the MC-500MKII. I have one, but can't get my MC-500 to load it. At first I didn't think there was anything on the disk, but my computer tells me there is(but of course it won't read it).

#5951 - 01/06/04 10:05 AM Re: Roland MRD-500 Rhythm Bank
Milton Offline

Thanks for the reply, I have booted my MKII with the mrc OS, but when I try to load the rhythm banks my sequencer says "Wrong Disk", and when I check available space on the disk to see if there is anything there, it once again says wrong disk. I bought this disk from a music store in New York-the serial # on the disk is 810200-00-I have the manual also, but it doesn't help. I may have been taken!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by djboomstick:
hey the mrd is not an OS you have to boot like normal with your mrc OS and then load the rhythm banks like songs. i have the whole thing saved as midis somewhere and i still have the owners manual for the MRD

#5952 - 01/07/04 09:18 PM Re: Roland MRD-500 Rhythm Bank
djboomstick Offline

Loc: newyork
maybe the disk went bad on the shelf. it is gettting to be about 16 years old now.
if i can find my copy of is as midi tracks i'll send it to you

#5953 - 01/08/04 08:59 AM Re: Roland MRD-500 Rhythm Bank
Milton Offline

Thanks djboomstick, it's not urgent that I have it, just wanted to have as complete a collection of "stuff" for my MKII as possible. I really appreciate your time and help.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online