SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#6152 - 03/20/02 10:43 AM vocal harmonizers- help, please
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I am looking into the world of vocal harmonizers ..... can anyone tell me the differences (other than price) between the digitech vocalist workstation, vocalist performer, vocal harmony processor.... how do they generate the harmonies, sound quality, best for the buck, etc.
thnx,
t.

#6153 - 03/23/02 08:57 PM Re: vocal harmonizers- help, please
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The biggest difference is that the workstation will allow you to input chords via a midi controller where the other's do not. If you need one please contact me. I sell the workstation at very low prices. In my store, where I sell a ton of arranger keyboards, the digitech workstation is the only one i stock because of it's popularity and features.
Regards,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#6154 - 03/25/02 06:37 AM Re: vocal harmonizers- help, please
tony mads usa Offline

George ... thanks much for the feedback .... I'll be in touch ....
t.

#6155 - 10/10/03 12:17 PM Re: vocal harmonizers- help, please
Anonymous
Unregistered

wha? digitech? cough...ahem...
nah . . .(leaves this smoke filled room, opens the back door to a sunshining rose garden, steps outside)
Look
Buy an EVENTIDE.
Money you say? Look at it this way...
Why not buy what you are eventually going to wind up with in the long run anyway.
It's a lot better than buying 4 or 5 units that provide a comparingly sub standard sound to the unit you are going to wind up with anyway. You wont have to pay twice the price if you total the price of the others, but most of all, your harmony will sound as real as real harmony no matter if it's a voice or a cricket, a guitar,or Dick Chaney and Saddam smoking crack together in a smoke filled room. If your equipment does not lead the way, how could you ever expect your sound to?
don't get all bent out of shape now folks, it's just an opinion.
MORPH!

#6156 - 10/10/03 08:18 PM Re: vocal harmonizers- help, please
tony mads usa Offline

Wow.... I was really surprised to see this buimped back up .... F Y I ... I ended up getting a good deal on the digitech ex ... anyone who has heard it thought I recorded the harmony parts because it sounds like 'real people' .... I am quite happy with it....
t.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online