SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3705 - 06/07/03 05:42 AM What's the best Studio Monitors I can get under $500 the pair (passive) ?
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
According to people experience with studio monitors, what's the best Studio Monitors I can get under $500 the pair?
I'm looking for passive monitors since I "guess" I can get better passive monitors than active, for the price.
(I already have a reasonable Stereo Amp)
Thanks in advance

Luis Santos

#3706 - 06/07/03 08:04 AM Re: What's the best Studio Monitors I can get under $500 the pair (passive) ?
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I've been very happy with my Alesis POINT SEVEN monitors . I also have friends that use the YAMAHA NS-10M monitors , also a nice flat response . The Alesis MONITOR ONE series is also a great pair under $500.00 .

#3707 - 06/07/03 04:50 PM Re: What's the best Studio Monitors I can get under $500 the pair (passive) ?
homershines Offline

Loc: Phila, PA, USA
I'd have say the Behringer Truths. They have a big sound., They're not accurate, but they translate well. I use Yorkville YSM1s and I like them alot, but I also like the low end of the Behringers. I'd also suggest some of the cheapest, high end bookshelf speakers like the Paradigms. They are damn flat and pretty accurate. That route is probably better than any of the low cost studio monitors.

Peace and good luck.

homershines
for phat drum sounds & samples
contact me at homershines@yahoo.com

#3708 - 06/08/03 03:15 PM Re: What's the best Studio Monitors I can get under $500 the pair (passive) ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a pair of Teac PowerMax 160/2 Stereo Speaker System. Paid $99.00 for. It's what I needed has the amp built in. Traded a pair of Alesis point seven moniters and an Alesis AMP for them.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online