SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#988 - 04/15/03 06:12 PM ISO Roland PMA-5 Video Manual, Info
kirkschiebel.com Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Hey everyone! I have been out of the studio for over a year since all my gear was stolen and I am finally getting back into it, purchasing pieces little by little. I started out with a basic controller, then added the Roland MT-32 sound module and I then added the PMA-5 (Personal Music Assistant), mainly for the additional sounds.

I just purchased this amazing little box on Ebay and I am playing with it as I read through the owner's manual. It is a complex little mini composer and it will certainly take some time to figure it all out. In addition to its great sounds, it has a built in sequencer and touch-screen mini keyboard to enable composing on the go. Though these added features are neat, I plan to use Cakewalk as I always have and arrange MIDI tracks utilizing the external controller pulling sounds from the MT-32 and PMA-5.

I am looking for the video manual for the PMA-5. Does anyone have this and able to make a copy of it, or know where I can purchase one?

#989 - 04/15/03 09:29 PM Re: ISO Roland PMA-5 Video Manual, Info
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I used to have a Roland PMA5. When I traded it in, I don't think I gave them the video manual. I don't know where the heck it might be around here. I'll take a look for it tomorrow when I have some time and let you know if I can find it.

Tom G.

#990 - 04/16/03 10:28 AM Re: ISO Roland PMA-5 Video Manual, Info
tekminus Offline

You can get one from Roland, if you really need it. They stock all kinds of old manuals and parts.

-tek

#991 - 04/16/03 02:45 PM Re: ISO Roland PMA-5 Video Manual, Info
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi
I searched all around but couldn't find it. I did find the video's that came with my Motorola Startac phone and Toshiba Satellite Laptop. I guess I should throw those out.
Wish I could help, but you better try Roland like Tek suggests.
Tom G.

#992 - 04/16/03 04:16 PM Re: ISO Roland PMA-5 Video Manual, Info
kirkschiebel.com Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Thanks for checking for the video. I went to Guitar Center and they called Roland to see if it could be ordered. Roland dosn't have it anymore. There was a copy of it on Ebay recently and it sold for over $80! I'll just keep looking for one. I have the user's manual at least, but it will take quite some time to get through it and learn everything.

#993 - 05/16/03 10:52 PM Re: ISO Roland PMA-5 Video Manual, Info
pianoman51 Offline

Loc: Lakewood,Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by kirkschiebel.com:
Thanks for checking for the video. I went to Guitar Center and they called Roland to see if it could be ordered. Roland dosn't have it anymore. There was a copy of it on Ebay recently and it sold for over $80! I'll just keep looking for one. I have the user's manual at least, but it will take quite some time to get through it and learn everything.

Hello
I think I have a video for pma5 but where it is I don't know right now. If I find it I will e-mail you
Pianoman

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online