Hope this helps:
Click here!

-tek

PS. I hate you all and Merry Christmas!

#25 - 12/14/02 09:05 PM Re: Roland U8
Anonymous
Unregistered

madridtonight,

Don't mind -tek, he really does mean well. Sometimes we get a bit overprotective for our administrator, Nigel. You see, starting a whole new thread for just one ques..., well, nevermind it's OK I guess. LOL I'll just say ummmm, this is not a first.

YOUR POST: RE: U-8 (RolandCorp.) Controlling
A Roland U-8 if I remember correctly is an older unit, rackmount I believe, among the first of the originally MIDI integrated group. MIDI, in it's original layout that is built into your electronic instrument is controllable in it's triggering and instruments. What that basically means is that you can control the pressing down of any particular keys in it's given range for whatever duration and rate specified. MIDI also enables you to choose the particular instruments or sounds. A controller while in the synthzone is more likely to be indicating a physical keyboard instrument designed to control another unit / other units triggering and instruments via MIDI. Give a MIDI controller a sound expansion unit to operate and you now have an electronic music synthesizer.
I have a hunch that what it really is that you seek is an interfacing software product.
If the U-8 is indeed MIDI and not controlled via DCB, any XP software compatible MIDI software will control the unit with a standard MPU-401 interface (You most likely have that built into your sound card. You will need an adaptor cable going from the D15 type joystick socket to standard Din type MIDI Plug that the keyboard accepts. If it has no MIDI plug on the back but says DCB, you will need the PSM-5 DCB controller.
DCB is what Roland used just prior to MIDI and has MIDI implementation for triggerings and patch changes. I used to use a Jupiter via DCB and all I can recall is that it was a real ball breaker (Christmas Balls). I hope I addressed at least some of your question!
MORPH!

#26 - 12/14/02 10:38 PM Re: Roland U8
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tekminus:
PS. I hate you all and Merry Christmas!

Wanna make out?

#27 - 12/15/02 02:15 AM Re: Roland U8
tekminus Offline

I'm already engaged to be married. I'm just waiting for her to grow up.

-tek

PS. Read the original here http://www.citizensagainstcitizens.org it's hilarious.

#28 - 12/15/02 02:28 AM Re: Roland U8
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Now tek, that's just sick man... SHE'S A GIRL!!! Ewww, icky.

Is it right
To kiss the boys
When you're a girl
and not a boy?
I don't think so...
'Cuz I know so
It ain't good
It's better to be a man
Dip your fingers in the sand
See what you can figure out
With your thumb up a rump

Oh! Baby boy,
you're an infant in my arms
Charming rabbit slut boy
Where did you come from?
Was it England
Or Tokyo?
Oh I can't remember,
but

Is it right for you
To kiss my bulge?
Is it right for you
to change my big, ripe lightbulb

My swollen head is burning
We're both learning
How to have
More fun than we could have
With the girls
I told you they were wrong before
Get out of their arms
Get into the man
whose waiting for you
with the charms of a god
it's alright if he's a dirty old sod
They're the best teachers

Boys!
Get hard!
I was... I have been hard
Since birth
I'm availible
beneath my skirt
I'm really availible
Here's a dime
call me up
Here, better yet, here's a quarter
see ya' later

-The Frogs

#29 - 12/15/02 12:05 PM Re: Roland U8
tekminus Offline

The U8 is some sort of (edit: I looked it up, it's a full fledged HDR system with USB). If you grasp the basic concept that USB is, I don't know what controller you could be looking for.

-tek

[This message has been edited by Jesus, "Don't forget my birthday on the 24th, suckas! (edited 12-15-2002).]

[This message has been edited by tekminus (edited 12-15-2002).]

#30 - 12/16/02 11:04 PM Re: Roland U8
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well hell it wasn't anything I thought it was. Shoot, a hard disk recorder was the last thing I'd thought it would've been. Man I was way off. A hard disk controller? No there's no way anybody would want to mess with the HDD's controller card, right?
Oh well here we are again with another thread of garb. *[Hey nice chick tek, not as innocent as she looks I'll bet, not after she's known you (jk). Bet she knows all the tricks by now. Prob. a damn good begger. What about the sour puss in the front center. She must be taken.]
Re-reading my reply.... oh man was I flappin my chops. It was maybe the U-20 that was on my mind? The way it sounds now, madrid wants to operate a unit made to standalone through an NT friendly Opsys? Well hell, you can make just about anything based on VB runtimes...of course not that it would ever be of any feasible use.
*[Pure psarchasm & jokes (don't even go there)]
Hey tek will ya pick the joke pics a little older next time dammit. See, you never know who's out there with a pocket full of money, a team of lawyers, and nothing better to do than fry a couple of us just for the sport of seeing us burn up in smoke.

#31 - 12/17/02 08:43 AM Re: Roland U8
tekminus Offline

We can always reply to any lawyers with an Internet Death ThreatTM. It's a safe bet and it's been tested by thousands of people by now.

-tek

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online