SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#99978 - 09/15/07 11:29 AM Re: A 'remark' for Joe Zawinul
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You are welcome to use it any way you want (short of commercial use - it's not licensed).

I went back and listened to the original today, and boy! There was SO much about this tune I had forgotten, but I hope I kept at least an 'impression' of it for you all...

One of my favorite things about the G70 is how well the styles track just regular piano playing, and how warm and detailed the main piano is. For the sort of stuff I enjoy, it really is the 'perfect piano'...

But thanks, everybody, for being so forgiving about the deconstruction of a great tune.

#99979 - 09/16/07 02:40 AM Re: A 'remark' for Joe Zawinul
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Great work Diki. That is such a beautiful piece and I really enjoyed your playing. It brought back many memories for me. Very moving though I couldn't help feeling sad that we have lost him. Anyone that hasn't heard Weather Report's Heavy Weather album really should. It is one of my all time favorites and shows what an brilliant artist Joe was. Every track on it is totally spectacular.

Thanks so much for your tribute. Joe would be so proud you celebrated his work like this.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-16-2007).]

#99980 - 09/16/07 06:21 AM Re: A 'remark' for Joe Zawinul
Dnj Offline

Diki.....

EXCELLENT!!

Great Piano sound, Super Rendition,
Exposed & Beautiful.

Nice job

Thank You

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online