Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#99750 - 12/08/00 02:23 PM Re: Casio Styles
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Stevizard:
OK Linda, I get your point. Since I don't own a Casio (never have, likely never will) I can't speak from personal experience about Casio. I was speaking from a marketing prospective, and saying that Casio wouldn't make a huge effort developing arranger styles until it became profitable for them to do so.

A built-in (FREE - like I said) converter does help but they've got a long way to go before Casio instruments will be on a par with Roland, Yamaha, and Korg. In fact, not a single Music Dealer in my area carries any Casio products at all -- no demand -- no market among professional and semi-pro musicians, just amateur home users. That's probably why they're being advertised in toy catalogs. (Say, does your MZ2000 also have "Magic Keyboard Lights?).

<== Hmmmm ==>

Hi,

I do not disagree with your maketing perspective of Casio.

I do take issue with incorrect information about its products. I would not comment on any product I was not knowledgable about because many folks read these messages and can become very misinformed. I mean no disrespect to you and hope you understand my comments about it.

Apparently Casio is trying to get into the pro area and only time will tell whether they succeed.

Is my MZ2000 is supposed to have Magiclight Keys too? Is that what them blinking lights are for?

I have not seen the MZ2000 advertised in toy catalogs yet but ya never know!

I checked the manual. No magic lights! DARN I have been ripped OFF! %$&^%(*^&???

Take care,

-Linda

#99751 - 12/08/00 02:30 PM Re: Casio Styles
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Hi Clif,

I guess I am the underdog and need to hide my Casio label more hahaha. Its like a scarlet letter to some folks. I don't see any other folks on here that own one, so its hard to give it any credibility. No matter, I am enjoying its features and will be happy to give information to anyone that asks.

Hopefully the MZ2000 will become more familar in the music world, in the near future and more support will appear.

Take care,
-Linda

#99752 - 12/08/00 04:34 PM Re: Casio Styles
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Linda

Before I knew about the MZ-2000, I had been complaining in this forum about the lack of continuous controllers, particularly on Yamaha equipment. I was tickled to see the MZ-2000 with its abundance of continuous controllers. Also, the inclusion of aftertouch at that price point is significant (the PSR-740 lacks aftertouch). I have considered getting an MZ-2000, but that would be overdoing it. I would still want a Solton SD-1 or the like. However, I am glad someone looked into the MZ-2000 in depth and countered the unfair statements about it.

Clif

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 12-09-2000).]

#99753 - 12/13/00 05:58 AM Re: Casio Styles
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Linda,

I hope you get a lot of use and a lot of enjoyment from your Casio keyboard (no joking intended).

PS. I think Clif's in love.

#99754 - 12/13/00 10:24 AM Re: Casio Styles
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Clif,

Well, at least now I can say that I've been asked. (But Linda may object)

#99755 - 01/29/01 05:38 PM Re: Casio Styles
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I have successfully converted a couple of Yamaha 740 styles for the MZ-2000 by inserting them into my xg works sequencer, changing them to a standard midi file ( format 0 , and then introducing them into the 2000 via disk. I then used the "convert song to pattern" function and voila,....I have 740 styles on the MZ. They work fine there . It was a few hours of learning curve at first, as there are a couple of tricks I learned, but I can now convert a style in a few minutes. they work fine as well in the mz, except that there are only 3 fill ins instead of 4. Everything else is pretty much the same. At some point as my schedule permits, I will post these styles on a site like the great one that is on egroups.
Al M

#99756 - 01/29/01 10:13 PM Re: Casio Styles
tommyde Offline

Loc: Dallas TX USA
Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
Hi Experts
Can anyone out there tell me why you never see the Casio styles available to share anywhere on the web? There must be a lot of them... I listened to the WK-1800 and thought it had some nice styles. Why hasn't any one started collecting & sharing Casio styles - and converting them for use in other arranger keyboards? If they are available, where can I find them?
Tom

Hi TomTomsf,

The MZ2000 hasn't even appeared in Dallas yet; the local megastores are pretty fast on picking up the new tech, but my contacts say that the new units are backordered. Looks like the CasioKids may have a hit on their return to the pro market.

See the current Keyboard mag for a review of the MZ. If I understand the review correctly, there is a studio songstyle template type function that will extract a songstyle from any section of a standard MIDI file.

My WK1800 will supposedly convert Technics and Roland styles to the Casio format, but I'm still in the exploratory stage with this new board and haven't given this a try.

Since the 1800, like the MZ2000, is programmable, I expect sites to start popping up with new sounds and styles, after a suitable learning period.

I'm looking forward to playing the MZ2000, as well as the Korg PA80 (it hasn't arrived in big D either).

- tommyde ~

#99757 - 01/30/01 11:11 AM Re: Casio Styles
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Bluezplayer & tommyde
What I am looking for is a way to extract the built-in styles FROM the Casio, so that they can be converted for use on other keyboards. It seems like they might be able to be saved as a MIDI file, then that can be converted to Yamaha, Technics, etc. If you would be willing to give this a try - I would appreciate it. I am not the greatest expert on saving & converting these styles, but I know a lot of us out here would like to "check out" the Casio styles and convert them to use on our other keyboards.
Tom

#99758 - 01/30/01 06:44 PM Re: Casio Styles
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
If someone can select the Chicago Blues style and record 8 measures of each arrangement part, and save as a Standard Midi File, I will try and convert to other Manufacturers. I recall "Chicago Blues" was a pretty good pattern.. Fran

Please email to me.

#99759 - 02/03/01 06:16 AM Re: Casio Styles
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
am I reading the MZ2000 material right? that there are only 10 positions in which to store "user" rhythm patterns? Anyone know if it's possible to delete/overwrite the factory patterns?
thanks in advance for any info...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online