SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#99717 - 09/29/03 10:34 AM Harmonizers
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Do any of you folks know how the TC Helicon Quintet compares to the Digitech Vocalist VR? The specs look very similar.

Tom

Tom

#99718 - 09/29/03 12:13 PM Re: Harmonizers
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tom,
From what I've heard, both from the folks on the forum and listening to both, plus using the Vocalist VR, the difference is almost insignificant, and the increased cost of the TC doesn't justify the slight difference in quality. As for live performances, I seriously doubt that anyone in the audience would notice at all, especially if the devices are used correctly, which is sparingly at best.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#99719 - 09/29/03 01:15 PM Re: Harmonizers
Roel Offline

Tom,

I recently purchased the TC-Helicon Voiceworks. The VW has Pitch-correction as an extra feature above the Quintet.

It is amazing what this unit is able to do !
The mic-input has Phantom power, is very low-noise and huge headroom.
The sound is superb .... no robot-alike voices ! Many many parameters can be adjusted and saved in memory-presets.

The 'harmony-hold' function works great. It took some time for Wietse (my singer) to use the function because of the timing. Now, after 3 gigs, he is able to use it without problems.

The pitch correction works fine and accurate... singing off-pitch is very hard now
The VW took over the 'jobs' of the Behringer DSP110 Shark, Korg ih harmonizer, Alesis Nanoverb...... and it sounds much much better.

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 09-30-2003).]

#99720 - 09/29/03 10:09 PM Re: Harmonizers
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I had, and returned the Quintet because it won't accept a standard footswitch. There was almost no difference in sound between that and the VR. My Prism, on the other hand, has much better effects and control over editing parameters than both .

#99721 - 09/30/03 05:39 AM Re: Harmonizers
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Thanks Roel for your comments.
I've committed myself to a VoiceWorks, but haven't yet received it. The one offered had Operating System 1.05 and I wanted the latest,1.09 installed. I've noted the comments about vocalisers and the KN7000 on various forums and decided to go this way after looking at and using DigiTech Vocalist Performer(actually purchased and then returned it).
regards
Keith

#99722 - 09/30/03 09:06 AM Re: Harmonizers
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The performer is too erratic. You can't send a midi note command to it, so I'm not surprised that it fell short of your desires. You'll love the TC - they make great stuff.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online