SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#99500 - 02/11/03 05:35 AM Re: What's the best X stand for my keyboard?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulD:
I find X stands to be a little too tippy for my likening .

I have found just the opposite. The Apex stand has two MAJOR weak points that allow an INSTANT tipover if bumped on either corner at just the right angle. Believe me - I have first hand experience here .... I've had more than one NEAR miss and I won't take that chance again. The high quality X stands are very sturdy, and allow for added attachments for mic booms, and other assorted arms etc. I use an Ultimate Support IQ2000 (the older model)and it is perfect for standing, sitting, whatever. It even allows me to "snug" it into the keypad of an inferior acoustic piano, so I can sit at the beast and play MY gear. Sometimes, that's a lifesaver if the piano sux, or is out of tune.
Maybe Donny can post a picture of the stands that we set up to hold out mic's and Laptops.
Donny .....?

#99501 - 02/11/03 05:44 AM Re: What's the best X stand for my keyboard?
Dnj Offline

Dave,

Shhhhhhhh.....we dont want to give away our secrets ! :>)

I sold my Nikon Dig Camera....but Im getting another. I'll post a pic of the "X" stand combination asap.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-11-2003).]

#99502 - 02/11/03 01:29 PM Re: What's the best X stand for my keyboard?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Yamaha has an X stand I recommend to all my customers wanting the most stable and solid stand. It's called the YKA7000. It has oversized 3" rubber feet and an offset X brace design for complete stability and comfort when sitting at the keyboard. There are telescoping arms which adjust in and out with adjustable grips at the front and back which hold the keyboard securely inplace without fear of slipping. There is a spring action hand lever to quickly and easily set up the stand to one of 6 possitions. The list price of this stand is $99.00 with selling price being much lower. This stand originally was designed to work well with the P80 piano because it would close up narrow enough for this narrow digital piano, but it also works great for all the PSR keyboards and Tyros as well.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#99503 - 02/11/03 04:01 PM Re: What's the best X stand for my keyboard?
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Thank you all for your answers and your help!
I guess my choice will be probably one of those double tier X stand, maybe a Quiklok.

I really can't afford the Ultimate Apex right now, I mean, I even could buy it but there are many other good choices costing a only a fraction of the Apex price.
And now Uncle Dave scared me about "that" problem he commented about this stand!...

Thanks!

Luis Santos

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online