SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#99099 - 08/25/04 05:27 PM How do you Use a laptop for performance
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I see some of the guys using a laptop in their performance. Now I use mine to play midi files. How do you use yours with styles and lyrics when you're playing styles. Is there a program that controls your board from your laptop or vice versa. Also if you could tell me what board you use.

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

#99100 - 08/25/04 08:19 PM Re: How do you Use a laptop for performance
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mike,

The vast majority of us that use laptops use them as storage devices for midi files, lyrics and MP3s. While there is software that you can also use, Band In A Box, etc, it is slow and combersome for the performing musician/OMB. By using programs such as VanBasco's Midi/Karaoke Player and firing it from the laptop through the keyboard, you get incredible midi sounds that cannot be beat.

Essentially, the laptop is just another great tool that helps eliminate dead time between songs, plus you can instantly display the lyrics of any song with the appropriate keyboard settings--kinda' takes the guesswork out of things.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#99101 - 08/25/04 08:26 PM Re: How do you Use a laptop for performance
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Thanks that's what I was wondering I have Band in a box and van basco. I use power tracks pro for midi sequencing and it has a lyric function and reads karaoke files. I also use it for audio recording.

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online