SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#98722 - 11/21/04 11:00 PM Re: Ketron Midjay Arrived Today!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Quote:
Originally posted by Pennywizz6:
Listen to the demos on their site! Especially the orchestra score, I could swear they are playing livein my room, incredible!

Phil

Well, remember, this thing plays mp3's and wavs. The orchestral demo you heard is one of these I'm certain, not onboard sounds that can be generated via midi controller. You were hearing an actual orchestra.

#98723 - 11/21/04 11:13 PM Re: Ketron Midjay Arrived Today!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I've got an interesting idea/question. Can software be loaded on to the midjay? With it's 20 gig harddrive? Here's what I'm thinking.
Load gigastudio into this bad boy. Put some incredible samples in there, and trigger them via midi. A hardware unit that can play giga! Oh, please! Tell
me this is possible! that'd be KILLER!
and if not, create the midjay 2 immediately and I'll buy one. I'm a live gigging musician, to be able to play my tracks, my between set music, arranger
functions, and incredible lifelike instruments via giga, all in one machine, and with a 20 gig harddrive, you should be able to make this happen.

#98724 - 11/22/04 08:14 AM Re: Ketron Midjay Arrived Today!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA

#98725 - 11/22/04 01:04 PM Re: Ketron Midjay Arrived Today!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I visited the Ketron US website mentioned above. Their reviewer states that the MidJay only has 1 intro and 1 ending but I want to clarify that although there is only 1 button called intro and 1 button called ending, there are 3 intro's and endings by selecting one of the 3 variations before pressing the intro or ending buttons.

Another point mentioned in the review by KetronUS is that there is no pedal steel guitar. Actually, there is a pedal steel guitar in the 128 voices included in the Midjay. You just have to assign this to one of the 64 voice memories.

I also just checked with AJ and he says that the ability to store these 64 custom voices on the hard drive is not currently available in the operating system shipped but will be able to do this in the future.

I just got through playing a midifile, recording my vocal and created a wav file of the who thing. All done instantly with no waiting.

One more very interesting point about MidJay. If you make a registration which as I stated earlier can contain everything you do, including saving the midifile, the wave file, the mp3 recording and all the buttons you have selected in real time......and send this registration to a friend via email.......if he has a MidJay he can load this registration into his MidJay and everybit of your data is now on his MidJay, so if he wants to edit the midifile tracks with different program changes, effects or mute different things or add more live vocal or instrument tracks or wave files to it and send it back to you........it can be done. If you only send the wave file and not the Registration, he can still load it and play it but he will not be able to get into all the individual midi parts like he had the midi file loaded into his MidJay. A very cool feature.

I've also learned that I can record my every played and touched event.....save it as a wave file called whatever I want to call it. Start again with this wave file, name it something different and record more live vocals or add wave files.....and do this up to 16 times to create an entire production with just my MidJay.

There are so many more things this can do. AJ's express start manual will be replaced with a full manual very soon. He said he is just about done with it.

This little box does alot!

George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566

Also,
(Retired 2021)

#98726 - 11/23/04 07:47 AM Re: Ketron Midjay Arrived Today!
Dnj Offline

OMG only 7 LBS!!!!!

Has Ketron been listening to us ?

BTW the demos sound so natural...

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-23-2004).]

#98727 - 10/06/05 08:25 AM Re: Ketron Midjay Arrived Today!
Dnj Offline

A few days ago...Fran, Gary, & myself went on a road trip to see AJ Demo the MIDJAY for us at his studio.....here are my thoughts ..
I was impressed with all the MULTI functions & features of this little wonderbox for sure....
it can be used in so many kool ways its beyond belief if your creative....playing great LIVE SOUNDING styles like an arranger KB, awesome SD-1 sounds, mp3's, wav's, SFX, SMF, and sing thru it too w/efx all independently or at the same time by adjusting Sepreate sliders for each mode of operation ....Plus record them as well instantly creating a Cd is a snap ! No more need for a laptop
This is OMB Entertainers dream machine!
Connect this to a light weight controller KB and it becomes an awesome LIGHTWEIGHT RIG for live play.......
I will be ordering one very soon....
more to come.

Ciao

#98728 - 10/06/05 09:16 AM Re: Ketron Midjay Arrived Today!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
cassp, please make URL shorter, makes page too wide. THanks.

#98729 - 10/06/05 06:28 PM Re: Ketron Midjay Arrived Today!
GlennT Offline

How is the harmonizer on the Midjay? I believe it's an option, but is it the same as on the SD1?

Glenn

#98730 - 10/06/05 09:53 PM Re: Ketron Midjay Arrived Today!
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
One limitation to the MJ I mentioned months ago has yet NOT been addressed to my disappointment. Long textfiles synced to an mp3 file can not be handled. In my case it was Hotel California. The Midjay will freeze before you are through. I told AJ about this many months ago, but as far as I know, no updates have been released to take care of this annoying problem. This caused me to get rid of it and buy Onstage Performer instead for a fraction of the price.

[This message has been edited by royandreno (edited 10-06-2005).]

#98731 - 10/07/05 07:26 AM Re: Ketron Midjay Arrived Today!
GlennT Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by royandreno:
buy Onstage Performer

Roy... I've been looking for you. Please email me.

gtoth@zoominternet.net

Glenn

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online