SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#98465 - 12/27/04 11:28 PM Re: Finding hard to select tones on G70
g,mon Offline

Thanks for your replies.

I am not sure if there is a custom bank on the G70 for sounds, probably no but there surly is one for the styles. Maybe a custom sound bank should solve this problem.

#98466 - 12/28/04 06:31 AM Re: Finding hard to select tones on G70
o3bor Offline

I think that the easiest and best way to create your own favourite set of tones or style is via User Programs.
In the User Program you can save not only your favourite tone or style, but also the desired effect, split point, arranger setting, etc.
Then, you can make your own page of User Programs and recall them simply pressing one button.
This is better than every numeric input or complicated (and difficult to understand) automatic selection of favourite tones.

#98467 - 12/28/04 07:40 AM Re: Finding hard to select tones on G70
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Quote:
Originally posted by o3bor:
I think that the easiest and best way to create your own favourite set of tones or style is via User Programs.
In the User Program you can save not only your favourite tone or style, but also the desired effect, split point, arranger setting, etc.
Then, you can make your own page of User Programs and recall them simply pressing one button.
This is better than every numeric input or complicated (and difficult to understand) automatic selection of favourite tones.

Performance memories is NOT the way to save "to go" sounds, precisely because the performances do save all the other stuff along with sound selection. A perf. memory recalls the entire setup of the instrument, including the keyboard mode, sounds in the left hand (and not just the solo ones), tempo changes, effect settings, octave shfts, transpositions, etc. On the G1000 there are front panel buttons (5) to lock out some of those things, which means that if you only want to change the sounds, you need to press 4 buttons to lock out the changes,and then two (or three) more to select another performance. This is WAY YOO MANY button presses while playing live. Moreover, the G70 does not have the lockout change buttons, as I understand, to you have to do this by using the touch screen.

I also don't think G70 has a custom sound bank, and even if it did, this would limit you to 8 favorite sounds on the first page, and if you need more - wade through the pages again.

Having read your posts, I believe that at present the efficiency of Roland's tone selection process lags behind Yamaha, which provides the sound banks, and Korg, which allows paging through the tone menu by pressing the bank button. It is high time for Roland to address these concerns.

Poor ergonomics was the main feature which kept me, and I am sure, many others, from upgrading to VA76, which was by all accounts a mediocre seller. With some minor software upgrades, Roland can fix this major shortcoming, and catch up to the other instruments as far as user friendliness goes.

In the past, Roland was slow to respond to user suggestions. I hope that members of this forum help Roland hear the voice of the customer.

Regards

[This message has been edited by Alex K (edited 12-28-2004).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online